Swan > ???

Started by Nails, June 06, 2011, 12:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Okay, I don't care, I'm doing it.

Swan to miss 2-3 games... If he's missing 3 I'm definitely doing it, if he's missing 2, then I'm maybe/probably doing it. I want to boost myself up the rankings, I'd like to win league, but I'd prefer an high as possible national ranking. Have to beat my mate. Ranked 4,150th at the moment and aiming for top 1,000.  I was ranked 22,250th odd after rd7 so been bouncing back...

I'm getting rid of Swan because if I follow my other downgrades/upgrades I'm left with a full prem team with 7 trades, trading Swan = 6 trades, which I'm happy to sit on.

Now I'm not sure who to get in for Swan...
I was considering:

GAJ, no byes, looks to be bouncing back.
Sam Mitchell - cheap, earns me more money, but I don't really need with Stanley > Howard and Puops/Lower > rookie making more than enough $ for 2 upgrades
Joel Selwood - Gun
Dale Thomas - on the up and up
Marc Murphy - gun, slight problems when I want to win league, but not too much of an issue
Current midfield stands as:

Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Mundy, Rockliff and Redden (Hibberd, Jacobs, Smith/Mzungu)

TL;DR - who to get in for Swan?

hardnut

Ablett, Selwood, Murphy in that order for me. Would put Murphy higher but the prelim bye is a killer and Ablett is also a great total points option

elephants

Yeah I thought of this earlier. I decided I'd keep him. Upon hearing a possible 3 week out I am ....
Also how much can a total of 30 hours on a plane help his legs??
I am keen to go...
Stanley -> Scotland
Bewick -> pendles

Then

Swan -> jelwood

Leaving me with 9 trades and lower as my only rookie.

I am thinking yeah...
I'm also ranked at about 2.5k gunning for 1k

Wes Mantooth

GAJ like goldy will be up and down for the yr.

murphy is ridiculously expensive at the moment as is selwood (both these will drop in value soon) which means you're accepting you're going to lose money.

thomas is up and about because swan has been down, but swan will bounce back very well and thats when ill pick him up, cheap as chips :)

hardnut

I think GAJ will be solid from now, I was silly enough to think he'd struggle against WCE and he completely carved - was close to the best I've seen him play/ You get what you pay for with these guys and they ain't coming down much....

Like you Mantooth I'll be all over Swan for~$370k!

Nails

Quote from: hardnut on June 06, 2011, 12:16:42 AM
I think GAJ will be solid from now, I was silly enough to think he'd struggle against WCE and he completely carved - was close to the best I've seen him play/ You get what you pay for with these guys and they ain't coming down much....

Problem to my plan is I don't see myself trading Swan back in... It'd leave me with 5 trades... that said if he carves up I might...

if I get Didak in, I could end up with a premium on the bench for bye cover, but trading out Swan can't really do that at all then.

elephants

Quote from: Nails on June 06, 2011, 12:19:38 AM
Quote from: hardnut on June 06, 2011, 12:16:42 AM

Problem to my plan is I don't see myself trading Swan back in... It'd leave me with 5 trades... that said if he carves up I might...

if I get Didak in, I could end up with a premium on the bench for bye cover, but trading out Swan can't really do that at all then.
I too don't have him returning but of he rips up I'll make an exception... 8 trades will be plenty I think.

hardnut

has Didak shown enough to be part of the long term plan yet Nails, sure keep him watchlisted but unless e comes good there will be other options. BTW I reckon Swan will miss 3 weeks but it's only 2 games you weren't expecting. This is not an injury length you'd normally trade a premium out for and he's shed soooo much value.....just food for thought

Nails

Quote from: hardnut on June 06, 2011, 12:23:30 AM
has Didak shown enough to be part of the long term plan yet Nails, sure keep him watchlisted but unless e comes good there will be other options. BTW I reckon Swan will miss 3 weeks but it's only 2 games you weren't expecting. This is not an injury length you'd normally trade a premium out for and he's shed soooo much value.....just food for thought

One key difference is however... most injured players you have aren't also had by over 50% of the competition

Of all my match ups 95% of opponents will have him I'd say therefore whilst they play Jacobs/Hibberd and accept 70s, I'll be accepting premium x's 115s :) It's an x factor trade really.

Didak isn't in considerations anymore, he used to be though.

Will also help me in the ELIMINATOR :D I want to go all the way this year in the Elim. Could be the difference between $2,000 and eliminated :o

elephants

Swan -> pendles
Is that worth the -30k and two extra premium games?

Nails

Quote from: elephants on June 06, 2011, 12:49:15 AM
Swan -> pendles
Is that worth the -30k and two extra premium games?

Swan isn't definitely out for 3 rounds... it's only a maybe that seem people seem to be suggesting... would be nice if Collingwood gave us an idea...

It's probably 2 rounds, but maybe 3... who knows how jet lagged he'll be when he gets back...

However for max value out of the trade I think GAJ is the one to be jumped on... 3 round average of 126 and the low score in that was against Geelong... he's pumped out 2 big tons and is now looking to be scoring more consistently against teams that aren't in the top 3 imo.

elephants

Stanley -> Scotland.       (round 12)
Swan -> gazza

Lower -> shaw.               (round 14)
Bewick -> pendles

Thoughts?