Who's keeping Stanley?

Started by matt1985, June 05, 2011, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt1985

I was intent on playing Puopolo this week, but was swayed to play Stanley over him after reading a few threads highly recommending Stanley :P

I have Puopolo and Jacobs both in defense, with Hibberd to mpp in the mids so have plenty of cover during byes or injuries.

I was intending on keeping Stanley but after yesterdays game I think I may offload him and pocket the cash for upgrades later on in the season.

I did rate him, but he just went missing yesterday. Especially when the Suns where within 3 goals, I thought Stanley would have stepped up and got amongst is a lot more then what he did.

I think Puopolo and Jacobs will be solid enough cover to keep me out of trouble. Just wanted to get some thoughts on what others intend on doing with Stanley.

Cheers guys.

Boomz

Unless he gets dropped I'll be keeping him... Good cover as he has had both byes and with the suns having so many kids they will be keen to play their mature agers as much as possible. He's always going to be inconsistent though.

jvalles

I'll be upgrading him at some stage, Hibberd and Puopolo will have an easier time getting the ball especially Puopolo with the Hawks playing kick to kick in the back 50.  Hopefully he can retain his spot when Bruce etc come back.  Puopolo & Hibberd also have more cash to make where as stanley has peaked.

matt1985

With the way the Hawks are playing at the moment Puopolo should maintain his output. Defenders usually don't do so well playing against Freo, so thought i'd play Stanley in his place.

I have a gut feeling that Puopolo will still pump out a 70+ tho lol.

My back line is complete, and I guess it can't hurt to have 3 solid emergencies sitting on the bench. It's just hard to pick one to play week to week to cover for the bye player!

Problems

I'm not keeping Stanley

Has played really well but he was always a cash cow for me, I got solid cover without him and even though GC's byes are over I reckon he'll have a rest maybe two with McKenna's rotation policy for playing the rookies

Slap

Quote from: matt1985 on June 05, 2011, 01:16:10 PM
With the way the Hawks are playing at the moment Puopolo should maintain his output. Defenders usually don't do so well playing against Freo, so thought i'd play Stanley in his place.

My back line is complete, and I guess it can't hurt to have 3 solid emergencies sitting on the bench. It's just hard to pick one to play week to week to cover for the bye player!

defenders do well against freo bro..

matt1985

Quote from: Slap on June 05, 2011, 01:37:08 PM

I was just going off some info that I read in some other threads about Freo. Should prob go with my gut I guess.

I did look up the Saint's defenders scores from last week when they played Freo. They were all pretty reasonably low, so thought there was some merit to the backs not performing too well against them.

Who would be the best options to downgrade Stanley to at the moment?

My current back line is :

Gibbs, Goddards, Lids, Shaw, Suckling, Enright, Heppell (Stanley, Puopolo, Jacobs)

Slap

Quote from: matt1985 on June 05, 2011, 02:01:28 PM
Quote from: Slap on June 05, 2011, 01:37:08 PM

I was just going off some info that I read in some other threads about Freo. Should prob go with my gut I guess.

I did look up the Saint's defenders scores from last week when they played Freo. They were all pretty reasonably low, so thought there was some merit to the backs not performing too well against them.

Who would be the best options to downgrade Stanley to at the moment?

My current back line is :

Gibbs, Goddards, Lids, Shaw, Suckling, Enright, Heppell (Stanley, Puopolo, Jacobs)

TO be honest go with your gut.  It always seems when you trade in the guy averaging 100, he seems to always lose form when you pick him up.  Eg. Adcock for me the last couple of weeks.  Saying that, he will be set for a nice fall in price and if you'd wait a few weeks you'll be able to pick him up for a nice price.  Scotland is another option if your going for the overall, but if league is your aim, you'll have to trade him come finals i'd expect.

alternatively, you could keep him for bench cover for the remainder of the season.  No byes and a good chance of playing each week.  Also has the potential to rack up possession and knock up a ton.  Just whether you want to cash in on his juicy pricetag or not.

matt1985

I think I will cash him in and use the cash later on in the year to upgrade my forwards. Is anyone on the bubble at all in the back line Slap??

Holz

i want him out as soon as possible, im just not sure which guy to bring in for him.

I have Goddard, Gibbs, Scotland, Heppel, Lids, Adcock as my keepers i dealy i would like carrots or shaw but with the byes i cant get carrots and shaw has the bye coming up so he cant come in for 2 weeks.

I have 130k in the ban and i was seriously thinking of using my last 2 trades to go Stanley to broughton and the week after knights to sylvia.

jvalles

Quote from: Holzman on June 05, 2011, 05:26:36 PM
i want him out as soon as possible, im just not sure which guy to bring in for him.

I have Goddard, Gibbs, Scotland, Heppel, Lids, Adcock as my keepers i dealy i would like carrots or shaw but with the byes i cant get carrots and shaw has the bye coming up so he cant come in for 2 weeks.

I have 130k in the ban and i was seriously thinking of using my last 2 trades to go Stanley to broughton and the week after knights to sylvia.

I'll be going Stanley to Broughton this coming week, and week after will go Lower to someone unique like Chaplin.

Slap

Quote from: matt1985 on June 05, 2011, 02:15:27 PM
I think I will cash him in and use the cash later on in the year to upgrade my forwards. Is anyone on the bubble at all in the back line Slap??

No one I'd pick up right now.

Windigo

Stanley>Deledio

Keeping Lower as 7th back for now.

elephants

I'll be dropping him for scotland. I have enough really solid backline cover.

Windigo

QuoteI'll be dropping him for scotland. I have enough really solid backline cover.

Not worried about round 23?

Or don't you have Gibbs??