Brisbane's Gun Defender.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, June 04, 2011, 11:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMurphBROWNLOW

JED ADCOCK

for those that have him, what are you going to do? yeah the rule is don't trade out your premiums, but he's not performing at all. he's last two scores have been WELL below his average... anyone know what's wrong with him?? and I smell danger... I hate to say this but injury prone players are really letting us down. Higgins, chapman, Sylvia, grimes... Adcock may be next  :-X

is there any possibility of him scoring and playing his best footy again WHILST NOT SUFFERING A TERRIBLE INJURY?  ???

Johnboy

He isnt a premium. You got him for 260k.

TMurphBROWNLOW

he was a definite keeper up until round 10...

dicey7

Most of brisbanes scores were poor so I wouldn't look into tonights score too much

Ziplock

forgive me if I'm incorrect, but recently his scores have been down because of his role change, and he's been playing a much more defensive role? Considering the thrashing Brisbane just received, I can't see him staying in that role for long.

and john boy, what would you say about barlow last season before he got injured? We brought him for rookie price and he was averaging 113. That's premium.

Adcock was averaging close to 100. For defence, that's premium.

Flame

Shocking two weeks but he has been playing in the back pocket. Hopefully Vossy moves him on to the ball!!

Spite

I don't have him. Would you wait to get him (see if role change), or hop on when he bottoms out?

TMurphBROWNLOW

yeah zip I haven't seen his past two games but I'm hoping it's not something permanent :(

and flame I bloody hope so too !!! did he play on ball before his role change or his characteristic running half back role?

Nails

Lions supporter here... whilst I'd love him to be getting lots of the ball with every other player in the team...

I'm loving his lack of DT output! Whilst everyone else is suffering and copping his bad scores, The Nailers are looking at back to back to back 2,200+ scores prior to the 1st 2,200 was a top 4,000 2,097!!!

Nailers are up and about and not having Adcock is something I'm finally loving!

Sleeken

Just gotta hope he goes back to his old role. Can't really afford to make more trades...the only options are fisher or goddard atm.

BillMurray

Don't have him as my defender rookies have all been playing too well to consider being culled. I'm thinking Sam Fisher over Adcock is looking the better choice atm (gonna pounce after saints bye I reckon)...

m_zulian

At the start of the season I didn't see much value in the defenders. I took the risk and had Adcock at the start of the season for $260K. I saw Adcock as a mid price player that had potential to make money. I was realistic and expected it was going to cost me a trade to downgrade or upgrade.
But now, Adcock has scored so well that I am only going to trade him if (or when) he gets injured for a extended period. I have other players in my team that should be traded before Adcock. Don't trade him out just because of 2 poor games

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: m_zulian on June 05, 2011, 12:53:16 AM
At the start of the season I didn't see much value in the defenders. I took the risk and had Adcock at the start of the season for $260K. I saw Adcock as a mid price player that had potential to make money. I was realistic and expected it was going to cost me a trade to downgrade or upgrade.
But now, Adcock has scored so well that I am only going to trade him if (or when) he gets injured for a extended period. I have other players in my team that should be traded before Adcock. Don't trade him out just because of 2 poor games

I'll take your word for it zul :) I was going to keep the faith nonetheless !

nicksnow

hes a spud, i didnt get sucked in and now i am reaping the rewards. calling him a gun defender is a disgrace

Johnboy

If you dont want to keep him this is the week to jump off. He will be 340k with a BE of 182. A 60-70 score would see him drop below 315k.