Mitchell
11 (52.4%)
Hodge
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 4

LaHug

Mitchell: $369,600, Ave. 103.6, Last 3. 81, Bottomed out
Hodge: $386,700, Ave. 93.4, Last 3. 130, Only getting more expensive

Which one do you think is better for DT?

Flame

Both guns..I just traded in Hodge if that helps!!

flex350

I had the same problem, I just went hodge.  Mitchell struggles with the tag.  After the weekend I will probably regret my decision.  Hope that helps. 

LaHug

I have three choices...
Hodge
Mitchell
Evans and free up a heap of cash for next week

hally25547

I voted Mitchell.

I traded him in myself today over Hodge and here are my reasons.
1. My main rival has Hodge so i wanted a point of difference.
2. Mitchell can score big as highlighted by his 90+ first half.
3. Mitchell is cheaper and is averaging more.
4. After Hodges two stellar performance i think he will get the tag ahead of mitchell.
5. Mitchell is a DT slut and is more unique than Hodge. I would also think that Hodge would be heavily traded in this week which makes him less unique.

I hope this helps and i hope he dominates freo!!!

LaHug

I assume that everyone's in agreement that these two are both better options than the downgrade to Evans to free up cash?

hally25547

Quote from: LaHug on June 03, 2011, 07:52:10 PM
I assume that everyone's in agreement that these two are both better options than the downgrade to Evans to free up cash?
YES!!!!!

JackBeQuick

Yeah, Mitchell. Hally pretty much said it all.

LaHug

My initial thought was to bring in Mitchell and you guys have helped me stick with my gut. Trading him in now!

j959

Noooo! LaHug, get Hodgey!

Hodge over Mitchell at this stage of the season, no contest!
earlier in the season I would have said Mitchell but it is Hodge time!   ;)

seriously though, much of a muchness - you'll be fine.

LaHug

My thoughts were they have similar scoring potential and Mitchell is cheaper at the moment. And a unique is always nice :)

j959

i think both are fairly unique-ish this season.

i had a bit of bias, i brought Hodgey in a few rounds ago when he bottomed out - wasn't sure with his achilles but took the punt anyway, pretty happy so far - think i got him $60k cheaper than he is now - can see why you'd go Mitchell over Hodge because of that.

LaHug

I wish I'd done the same. But alas, I was too afraid and went with "safe" options of Chapman and Enright over those few weeks. Because they've been great...  :-\ sigh

LaHug

Quote from: hally25547 on June 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PM
Quote from: LaHug on June 03, 2011, 07:52:10 PM
YES!!!!!
In retrospect, I should've gone with Evans.

bundyboy

I took hodge because:

really looks like he is over his achilies - and if that's the case he will only get fitter

has always played tough, but with Captain tag, he now will NEVER let up...so good luck to any tagger

has shown over the last few weeks he has just as much - if not more - high score potential than Mitchell

Mitchell has shown a history of soft itissue injuries keeping him out for weeks....I've been burnt so not again !

I looked at scoring going forward for rest of the season, rather than history over previous 10 weeks (which doesn't get me any points) and recon Hodge has higher potential....

Hodge plays comfortably between full back right thru to CH Forward...and they love to get the ball in his hands to make the play.  Whilst Mitchell is similar - he is not as damaging, and might not be the playmaker that Hodge is - so recon the coach would be happier going through Hodge

will NEVER get subbed

and......I have a man crush on Hodge equal to Pendles ...