A premium mid, forward or a forward/mid

Started by Possumo, June 03, 2011, 06:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which premium?

Thompson (saves me fielding Harris, and league opponent has him)
4 (40%)
Pendlebury (bye in rd 13 will possibly cost me a win, eliminator oppoent has him)
1 (10%)
Sylvia (can field him over Harris, or Darling/Krak... due to DPP)
0 (0%)
Fyfe (league opponent has him, DPP)
0 (0%)
Pavilich (DPP)
2 (20%)
Steve Johnson
0 (0%)
Marc Murphy (not keen due to finals bye...)
0 (0%)
Ablett
2 (20%)
Hodge (already have Mitchell and Franklin... Rd. 17 is vs a 2k team with Franklin/Suckling)
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Possumo

Okay, so I want another premium, and have already posted a topic on which two rookies I want to put on the field in the forward/mid's, so this could affect who I trade in, but I have close game's this week in both the eliminator and my league, and I need to make my team as strong as possible (money is no object!).

My current team is:

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Deledio, Adcock, Heppell, Lower, Jacobs (Hibberd, Smith, Toy)

Mids - Mitchell, A. Swallow, J. Selwood, Boyd, Swan, Harris (Iles, Libratore, Deledio)

Rucks - Cox, Jacobs, (Tippett, Keeffe)

Forwards - Rioli, Goodes, Riewoldt, Didak, Franklin, Darling, Krakouer (Tapscott, K. Harper, B. Matera)

Which premium will help me the most this week? Originally I was planning on getting Chapman, and playing him in either the mid or forwards depending on which rookies I want to field. Then I was thinking perhaps that I should get Stevie J, but Slap's excellent post has me re-thinking getting more players with finals byes.

So who should I get out of Thompson (league opponent has him), Pendlebury (eliminator opponent has him, and the more dangerous team to boot as well as Conca versus Deledio out...), Sylvia, Fyfe (league opponent has him), Pavilich or perhaps jumping on Hodge or even perhaps Ablett?

Pendlebury and Thompson are definitely the frontrunners, both currently having fairly low breakevens and attractive prices, and although Pendlebury of course has the bye coming up, hence why I was previously planning to wait, as my opponent in rd. 13 has Swan/Thomas/Dawes, and having Swan/Shaw/Didak/Pendlebury out could be trouble... although I'm certain I will have the cover.

Is Sylvia, Fyfe or Pavilich the better option, especially with DPP? I will probably be getting one of these players at some stage, but should I get them now?

The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards Thompson, but Pendlebury is possibly the better long term option, even with the possibly problematic bye. I only have one premium mid spot left, so the trade will be quite crucial...

Cheers for the help, and sorry for the massive length!

C-Dogg

go thompson, adelaide have there bye in a no game round, so he is a lock for me... i traded him in also :)

Possumo

Quote from: C-Dogg on June 03, 2011, 07:04:27 AM
go thompson, adelaide have there bye in a no game round, so he is a lock for me... i traded him in also :)

Yeah, the more I wrote and thought about it, along with lots of favourable posts on here, I'm getting keener on him by the minute. Pendles is at such a tasty price though, and he will probably be a top 3 mid for the rest of the season... if a choice between having him and Thompson, it's difficult to miss out on not having him. Still it would be nice to retain a bit of uniqueness in my team (although I don't reckon many people have both Swallow/Mitchell.

Possumo

I think I need to stop making long and complicated posts, it seems to put people of voting/posting :P

But what I want to know is, going Thompson over Pendles is going to possibly cost me 10ppg... does everyone see Thompson finishing up near Pendles in terms of his average? Even if I loose the round he has a bye, it's possible he will win me other matches and help me more during the finals.

Or is the better option to get in Sylvia/Fyfe/Pavlich?

Possumo

Okay I gave in and went Thompson. Hopefully it'll be a fun ride and I don't live to regret not getting the Pendles!