Lack of battle plan :S

Started by LaHug, June 02, 2011, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

My team now:
Def: Puopolo, Gibbs, Adcock, Enright, Goddard, Suckling, Stanley (Duigan, Jacobs, Deledio)

Mid: Boyd, Pendlebury, Selwood, Heppell, Krakouer, Harris (Liberatore, Chapman, Bewick)

Ruc: Cox, Petrie (Smith, McCauley)

For: Franklin, Harvey, Goodes, Pavlich, Dawes, Riewoldt, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

Trades left: 12
Cash: $1,600

I need to get Mzungu in but would rather get him in the forward line to switch with Goodes. If I go either Matera or Tapscott to Mzungu, that leaves me with only about $103k. That's not enough to upgrade Harris or Liberatore (is it?!) so I am considering a double downgrade to free up cash for next week. Unfortunately, this would mean playing a lot of rookies this round. I don't seem to have much of a choice though. Is Evans a reasonable option even though his JS is showerhouse? Ot are there any mid options $360k or less?

Ziplock

just get callinan when he plays. Trade out harris for mzungu and upgrade libba. Should be enough.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2011, 08:32:20 PM
just get callinan when he plays. Trade out harris for mzungu and upgrade libba. Should be enough.
+1

Problems

Quote from: PowerBug on June 02, 2011, 08:42:58 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2011, 08:32:20 PM
+1
+2 my maths works out you get about $398k for the libba upgrade

LaHug

Well aren't I a silly billy! Good thinking guys. Now to consider who to get in my mids.
Are there any options at that price other than Hodge?

LaHug

Hodge, Mitchell, Embley, Priddis, Dal Santo... Which one and are there any others?
Should I bother getting one of them or should I just wait it out and do a double downgrade?

Problems

Quote from: LaHug on June 02, 2011, 09:05:59 PM
Well aren't I a silly billy! Good thinking guys. Now to consider who to get in my mids.
Are there any options at that price other than Hodge?
Has Fyfe ever been in your plans?
So when Callinan is/if named trade him into the fwds then use the mpp to swap Fyfe into your fwds..  ???

LaHug

Already have 7 forwards: Franklin, Harvey, Goodes, Pavlich, Dawes, Riewoldt and Chappy (currently sitting in the mids until he can be shifted forward). Only looking to get mids now. So, who's the best of the ones I listed?

Wes Mantooth

get hodge, he can ride a tag better than the others

LaHug

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 03, 2011, 12:28:16 AM
I was thinking Hodge but I'm not sure of his injury status. Can anyone shed any light on it?

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: LaHug on June 03, 2011, 12:34:17 AM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 03, 2011, 12:28:16 AM
I was thinking Hodge but I'm not sure of his injury status. Can anyone shed any light on it?

if you've seen him play, he looks like the hodge of old.

LaHug

I've seen him play the last two weeks and he looks good. I guess I'll get him. All this hype of "he'll be rested round 24" is giving me doubts, but I tend not to listen to shower like that because people are wrong all the time...

Fireballz

Quote from: LaHug on June 03, 2011, 02:12:47 AM
I've seen him play the last two weeks and he looks good. I guess I'll get him. All this hype of "he'll be rested round 24" is giving me doubts, but I tend not to listen to shower like that because people are wrong all the time...
Hodge has played round 22 every year except for 2010. No idea where the hype about him being rested comes from but just completely ignore it. There's no way to foresee it and Hodge is a gun so get him on board!

theswiz

i wouldnt... you already have a fair few hawks....

LaHug

Quote from: theswiz on June 03, 2011, 03:43:28 AM
i wouldnt... you already have a fair few hawks....
Yeah, but Puopolo hardly counts because he's a rookie so I lose nothing by benching him. And other than that, it's one in backs and one in forwards. Plus, can you have too many Hawks? They're dominating and have GC in round 24.