The Disappearance of Isaac Smith.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, June 02, 2011, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

I thought Smith was a shoe-in to get picked this week with Chance Bateman being out for 6 weeks. However, I'm pretty sure I'll end up with both Smith & Callinan in my team for their dual position attribute. Wouldn't getting Smith this week - if you NEED the dual position downgrade - be the smart thing to do, so you're not forced to pick him up at an inconvienent time when he eventually does get picked? (surely will happen) There's still at least another 3 weeks to wait on Callinan rising in price (possibly longer), which is a good period of time for me as I'll be looking to sell David Swallow or Darling around that time.

Windigo, you sound like you're in a similar boat so I'd recommend Matera -> Smith like I'm doing, which enables me to upgrade Harris in mids as well as swing Goodes into the forward line. I'll grab Callinan when he's on the bubble. Easy, but I can see the other point of view also.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Windigo on June 02, 2011, 07:03:46 PM
I agree with Jvalles here.

You don't recruit a 28 year old to play SANFL all year.

If I go Matera>Cal & Darling>Goodes

I can then go Lower>Deledio.

2 guns in only the one downgrade. Worth it.

well you don't recruit mature aged recruits at hawthorn to play VFL all year. same principle, could be a risk getting callinan now. sorry to say but there goes your idea of job security  8)

and windigo it seems like you have a crap load of money in the bank!! you would've had to downgrade to make that so essentially it's not one downgrade for 2 guns :P

sorry I'm picking on you tonight! had a rough day + need to deal with a donut cuz chappy's out :(

FLOPITOUT1

Smith will play, here and there  :'( . I seem to have another cam richardson  :o

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 02, 2011, 10:55:20 PM
Smith will play, here and there  :'( . I seem to have another cam richardson  :o

better than Richardson! not worth getting him in this week?

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on June 02, 2011, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 02, 2011, 10:55:20 PM

better than Richardson! not worth getting him in this week?
Really hard to say, not sure. Got Mzungu yeah ?

TMurphBROWNLOW

yeah I'm with you there! I just need another MPP link and smith was a really good option :(

Andrew

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on June 02, 2011, 11:18:25 PM
yeah I'm with you there! I just need another MPP link and smith was a really good option :(

Yeah and that's why Smith is still a valuable player DT-wise. You shouldn't be relying on him for even bye cover at this point of the season.

TMurphBROWNLOW

this is becoming a growing concern and will destroy me later in the season  :-\

Windigo

traded him in a few weeks back.......

Where is he!!?

Surely he was more impressive in his 2 games than Breust?

Bloody hell.  :(

Bluke

Callinan over Smith is looking better by the week lol

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Windigo on June 09, 2011, 06:47:39 PM
traded him in a few weeks back.......

Where is he!!?

Surely he was more impressive in his 2 games than Breust?

Bloody hell.  :(

yeah so did I and I'm needing this cover with injury concerns over chappy, buddy and Sylvia!

Quote from: Bluke on June 09, 2011, 06:50:55 PM
Callinan over Smith is looking better by the week lol

not anytime soon! neither of them will play AFL for a while :(