Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 02, 2011, 04:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Will harris make his BE this week?

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on June 03, 2011, 04:04:36 PM
Will harris make his BE this week?

honestly, I doubt he'll make his BE this week or the next. But, after that, in a week his price will have made up any drops it has suffered, and a little bit more, and by rd 15ish I'd say he'd have made a good 20-40k odd.

Weagle

Hmm well, basically my team is going for the league win, and I have 2 easy games, then 3 tough games, so I want my team finished within the next 6 trades.

$163k banked, 12 trades

Backs: Gibbs, Adcock, Heppell, Goddard, Enright, Lower, Pup (Thompson, Jacobs, Toy)
Mids:  Swan, Pendles, Jelwood, Cross, Swallow, Mzungu (Deledio, Harris, McKenzie)
Fwds: Buddy, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Fyfe, Stevie J, Rioli, Didak (Prestia, Matera, Richo)

I want Boyd & Mundy for my last 2 mids + 1 premo defender

So I plan to go Swallow -> Boyd with 1 trade + my banked cash (probably next week)

Then I'll need to find about $150k to go McKenzie -> Mundy, leaving me with Harris as my mids cover for the season

I'm thinking Matera->Callinan this week (makes me $120k), and maybe even Toy->Pederson if he's named

what do you think?

dale93

Hey Zip,
Who would you start out of Pops and Hibbard?

LF

hi ziplock  :)
looking at this trade since smith wasn`t named
harris --> callinan
then i can go either
darling -->anyone finishing my forward line or
lower --> anyone

backs
goddard,gibbs,suckling,heppell,pups,jacobs,lower
pederson,deledio,gram

mids
pendles,mundy,boyd,bartel,mitchell,krak
harris,hibberd,wallis

forwards
n,roo,stevie.j,sylvia,rioli.higgins,pav,darling
matera,harper,mzungu

13 trades left

rucks are the set and forget trio.
i`m happy to leave matera for now as he is not losing money sitting on my bench.
my backs look weak but are actually scoring ok.last mid spot is currently being reserved for swan.i`m not sure whether to trade or leave darling this week.

Ziplock

[/quote]
Quote from: Weagle on June 03, 2011, 04:15:11 PM
Hmm well, basically my team is going for the league win, and I have 2 easy games, then 3 tough games, so I want my team finished within the next 6 trades.

$163k banked, 12 trades

Backs: Gibbs, Adcock, Heppell, Goddard, Enright, Lower, Pup (Thompson, Jacobs, Toy)
Mids:  Swan, Pendles, Jelwood, Cross, Swallow, Mzungu (Deledio, Harris, McKenzie)
Fwds: Buddy, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Fyfe, Stevie J, Rioli, Didak (Prestia, Matera, Richo)

I want Boyd & Mundy for my last 2 mids + 1 premo defender

So I plan to go Swallow -> Boyd with 1 trade + my banked cash (probably next week)

Then I'll need to find about $150k to go McKenzie -> Mundy, leaving me with Harris as my mids cover for the season

I'm thinking Matera->Callinan this week (makes me $120k), and maybe even Toy->Pederson if he's named

what do you think?
If you're that desperate to finish your mids, then those trades would be pretty much your only options.  I say go for it. Mundy is a good choice for league, and Boyd is good in general. Although, having him and cross could be a touch risky. Thompson and mundy may be a better option for a pure league win.

My only really concern is that you'll only have 8 trades after this, and you still have 2 backline upgrades that should be made.... that being said, jacobs + pups could probably hold up for you.

Those trades are pretty risky for a variety of reasons, but look like your only real options for quick cash.

oh lol, just realised you had lids to dpp with jacobs, in which case your backs are only slightly weak. Go for gold.

Ziplock

Quote from: dale93 on June 03, 2011, 04:20:48 PM
Hey Zip,
Who would you start out of Pops and Hibbard?
Hibb. Although wait for essendon subs to be named before lock and loading.

FLOPITOUT1

Who should be my 7th forward Zip ? Mzungu or Krak leaning towards the Gu

Ziplock

Quote from: luvfooty on June 03, 2011, 04:24:16 PM
hi ziplock  :)
looking at this trade since smith wasn`t named
harris --> callinan
then i can go either
darling -->anyone finishing my forward line or
lower --> anyone

backs
goddard,gibbs,suckling,heppell,pups,jacobs,lower
pederson,deledio,gram

mids
pendles,mundy,boyd,bartel,mitchell,krak
harris,hibberd,wallis

forwards
n,roo,stevie.j,sylvia,rioli.higgins,pav,darling
matera,harper,mzungu

13 trades left

rucks are the set and forget trio.
i`m happy to leave matera for now as he is not losing money sitting on my bench.
my backs look weak but are actually scoring ok.last mid spot is currently being reserved for swan.i`m not sure whether to trade or leave darling this week.

my original thoughts was to leave darling this week. Against GC he has a reasonable shot at making his BE, and to trade lower. Your backs, even if they're scoring ok, are really weak, and Lower is too inconsistent. That being said, if he scores his average (or even a touch under), he'll rise another 20k.

This meant after a little bit of evaluation, I've kind of changed my mind. Trade Darling. Even though he has a chance of making his BE and maintaining value, Lower is a certainty, and even a poor score will still see a substantial price rise from him. 

go for goodes?

Weagle

Quote from: Ziplock on June 03, 2011, 04:26:18 PM
If you're that desperate to finish your mids, then those trades would be pretty much your only options.  I say go for it. Mundy is a good choice for league, and Boyd is good in general. Although, having him and cross could be a touch risky. Thompson and mundy may be a better option for a pure league win.

My only really concern is that you'll only have 8 trades after this, and you still have 2 backline upgrades that should be made.... that being said, jacobs + pups could probably hold up for you.

Those trades are pretty risky for a variety of reasons, but look like your only real options for quick cash.

oh lol, just realised you had lids to dpp with jacobs, in which case your backs are only slightly weak. Go for gold.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about Cross after his 56 last week while he did a (very successful) hard tag on Mitchell. He was in my initial team as a unique, consistent performer, and hasn't let me down until that game.

I think I'm going to have to hold him until at least the bulldogs bye in round 19(?), or do you think I should burn a trade to get him out this week, before he drops in value?

Ziplock

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 03, 2011, 04:33:44 PM

tough call. Mzungu is, while being a beast, has only played two games. There's even the possibility of the red/ green vest again this week depending on how he's holding up (he is returning from injury remember), and if he plays fwd, hawthorn have a bit of a record of shutting down Dters in both the fwd and mid line this season.

St Kilda on the other hand give away a lot more point in the fwd/mid that hawthorn do, that would be the tipping point imo. As well as that, looking at krak's yo yo like stats, he looks to be in for a big one.

I would go krak. Less chance of being subbed imo. 

Ziplock

Quote from: Weagle on June 03, 2011, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 03, 2011, 04:26:18 PM

Yeah I'm a bit worried about Cross after his 56 last week while he did a (very successful) hard tag on Mitchell. He was in my initial team as a unique, consistent performer, and hasn't let me down until that game.

I think I'm going to have to hold him until at least the bulldogs bye in round 19(?), or do you think I should burn a trade to get him out this week, before he drops in value?

I would hold onto him until his bye at the very least. The 50 odd looks like a one off situation, and his run after geelong looks easy enough that he should at least maintain, if not rise in value until his bye, in which case you can if you want (looking at his finals run up with only port as an easy team) off load him, providing you have the trades. I would hold for now.

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: Ziplock on June 03, 2011, 04:39:21 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 03, 2011, 04:33:44 PM

tough call. Mzungu is, while being a beast, has only played two games. There's even the possibility of the red/ green vest again this week depending on how he's holding up (he is returning from injury remember), and if he plays fwd, hawthorn have a bit of a record of shutting down Dters in both the fwd and mid line this season.

St Kilda on the other hand give away a lot more point in the fwd/mid that hawthorn do, that would be the tipping point imo. As well as that, looking at krak's yo yo like stats, he looks to be in for a big one.

I would go krak. Less chance of being subbed imo.
Stop making sense  ;) Thanks

Weagle

Ok thanks for the level-headed advice Zip! Keep up the good work :D

Ziplock

ok everyone, I'm heading out now, so should powerbug come on, tag in.