Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 02, 2011, 04:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

gareth

Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2011, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: gareth on June 02, 2011, 09:59:33 PM

how are you facing a 0 this week in the fwds? all those players look named to me.

in any case, have you considered libba to mzungu and matera to a premium forward? That's what I would be looking at.

Richardson might be a sub/Emg.

I have thought of that but will only be able to afford $365k or lower

Pavlich? Nick Riewoldt?
[/quote]

Already got Nick Riewoldt.

Pavlich seems to be consistent but only 2 tons. Hmmm... going to have to sleep on that.

Russ dogga

Not sure if u have answered this yet, but wat do u think about Evans? think hell hold his spot? worth a downgrade ya reckon

Ziplock

mmm, I would say upgrade to pav. He's a bit down atm, but he'll be fine, especially when sandilands comes back.

Honestly... his job security is a bit shaky, melbourne still have a few injuries coming back, and his disposal last week wasn't that crash hot. I would say, only if you have to, although honestly mzungu and callinan come through before him. Especially with their DPP capabilities.

theswiz

zip, I saw you said the only rookie you're fielding is heppell... what's your team? how many trades? how much dough?

Ziplock

I may be wrong, I'm going to go check now.
Wait lol, should have clarified, only rookie I field barring byes, but, best case scenario (no byes/resting) my team is as follows

Def: Gibbs, Adcock, Deledio, Suckling, Enright, Goddard, Heppell (Toy, Hibberd, Puopolo)
Mid: Boyd, Swan, Thompson, Andy Swallow, Dal Santo, Higgins (will be dpp'd to the fwds as one of my last moves) (Harris, Jacobs, Mzungu)
Ruc: Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Jippett)
Fwd: Franklin, Goodes, Nvoldt, Jvoldt, Knights, Petrie, Rioli (lynch (GC), Prestia, Krakouer)

As you can see, because of of Sandi's injury and richmond's bye I'm fielding either puopolo or hibberd, krakouer and smith this week as well as heppell.

Should have clarified, sorry.

theswiz

yeah, thats a pretty sweet team!
what are you ranked mate?
For me I don't rate jvoldt this season... pity too, coz he's a gun.
Think higgins will get back to top form?

Ziplock

I'm sitting 5400 atm, jumped 1000 ranks last week with only a reasonable score :S

I don't rate Jvoldt at all either, I play mostly for league rather than overall, which was why I got him- his final 3 teams are melb. adelaide and north. I'm expecting him to post some huge scores and be my x-factor to pull off a league victory. That being said, he did pathetic against port last week, so that strategy could flop :P

As for higgins... yes. I give him a week, possibly two of sub par scores and then he'll be firing at a premium level. Maybe not a uber fwd premium like sylvia/fyfe atm, but premium nonetheless.

If the dogs lift their game though, he will start beasting it again.

Jmac

Whatcha Thinks the  best way to go zip

Libba/ pittard/ Harris to mzungu ( need him in the mids for dpp link)

Then either

Toy/ otten/ lower/ Buckley  to suckling/ fisher/birchall/ adcock

Or
Matera to Sylvia / pav/ fyfe

Or can you think of anyone better to get in

lnugawela

Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
Quote from: lnugawela on June 02, 2011, 07:59:37 PM
Looking at bringing another mid premium into my side, what do you think of Thompson? Boyd is my target for next week hopefully.....

I like thompson. Who do you already have though?

I have Selwood, Pendels, Riska, Ward and Gibbs. Im upgrading Libba this week and cant afford Boyd just yet. Who is my best option, thinking Murphy too but 2 carlton players is probably not the best idea, even if I move Gibbs back.

hally25547

Hey Zip,

Should i get Smith or Callinan for Harris. I need the cash and the DPP Link.
Then should i get Mitchell in for Bewick or should i get Murphy in for Bewick. Im leaning towards Mitchell because he is cheaper, doesnt have a bye in finals and plays the GC in round 24.

Thoughts?

PowerBug

Quote from: lnugawela on June 03, 2011, 11:24:30 AM
Looking at bringing another mid premium into my side, what do you think of Thompson? Boyd is my target for next week hopefully.....

I have Selwood, Pendels, Riska, Ward and Gibbs. Im upgrading Libba this week and cant afford Boyd just yet. Who is my best option, thinking Murphy too but 2 carlton players is probably not the best idea, even if I move Gibbs back.

The guy's offline, so i'll take this. Hodge is the best option. Boyd has a bye with Ward, so risky, and Swan might have to wait as he leaves for Arizona soon.

PowerBug

Quote from: hally25547 on June 03, 2011, 11:35:44 AM
Hey Zip,

Should i get Smith or Callinan for Harris. I need the cash and the DPP Link.
Then should i get Mitchell in for Bewick or should i get Murphy in for Bewick. Im leaning towards Mitchell because he is cheaper, doesnt have a bye in finals and plays the GC in round 24.

Thoughts?

Go Callinan, you said cash and DPP, should play soon. It depends on your aim, league or overall, Mitchell/Hodge for the league, but Murphy for overall. You could get Murphy and trade him out in the finals, i might do that.

lnugawela

Quote from: PowerBug on June 03, 2011, 11:39:06 AM

The guy's offline, so i'll take this. Hodge is the best option. Boyd has a bye with Ward, so risky, and Swan might have to wait as he leaves for Arizona soon.

Yeah Well I plan on upgrading Ward into Boyd anyway, but this week its Libba to someone. Swan is 3 weeks away if I get him. Hodge is fairly inconsistent though dont you think? His big scores have been against struggling sides...

PowerBug

Quote from: lnugawela on June 03, 2011, 11:43:03 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 03, 2011, 11:39:06 AM

Yeah Well I plan on upgrading Ward into Boyd anyway, but this week its Libba to someone. Swan is 3 weeks away if I get him. Hodge is fairly inconsistent though dont you think? His big scores have been against struggling sides...

Thompson , Murphy , Kelly , Martin would make viable options.