Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 02, 2011, 04:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: cledus32 on June 02, 2011, 05:12:59 PM
I have 2 questions.
I am bringing mzungu into the forward line.
Whos should i use to upgrade? Libba or Harris?
And who should i bring in? i have pendles, Judd and boyd. in my mids

League or overall?

I would be upgrading Liberatore now, if you intend on upgrading harris as well soon, but in either case, once that 20 is out of Harris' rolling average, he'll be shooting up again, while libba is slowing.

for overall, Selwood, almost a no brainer, maybe murphy (although with judd the carlton bye could hurt), for league, probably mundy. Thompson could be a sneaky for league as well.

I would be going selwood though.

Ziplock

Quote from: Stocutz on June 02, 2011, 05:17:02 PM
Looking to trade both libba and conca will be getting mzunga on the downgrade and am undecided on upgrade

Current mids: swan Boyd selwood Sylvia mundy Harris polec libba conca.

Not really interested in hodge and will maybe get Pendles after his bye thru a mpp swap with Sylvia and krak/Higgins if he doesn't start producing.

Thompson maybe? Not very many other mids options out there other than him, maybe A Swallow on his current form, and hodge.

Ziplock

Quote from: Jackina on June 02, 2011, 05:14:31 PM
Murphy or Thompson for Harris?
League: Thompson, no brainer
Overall: Murphy

Thompsons multi bye is great for league, as well as having a decent finals draw, but is bad for overall.

conversely, Murphy's bye is bad for league, but normal for overall, hence the decision. 

Ziplock

Quote from: Bluke on June 02, 2011, 05:47:38 PM
Who should play?

Duigan, Stanley or Puopolo

and

Mzungu, Jacobs or Libba

Stanley for consistency, Duigan for a sneaky high score against port adelaide. Risk vs reward. I would say this round duigan won't score under 50, but, stanley should be scoring over 70 for certain. Duigan has a sneaky chance for a 80-100 against port though.

your call. I would be safe betting on stanley, unless you look to be losing your league/eliminator match and need a sneaky shot from duigan to push you up and over.

jk17

Which combo to start?

Mzungu (mid), Darling (fwd), Krak (fwd)
or
D.Swallow (mid), Darling (fwd), Mzungu (fwd)
or
D.Swallow (mid), Mzungu (fwd), Krak (fwd)

Ziplock

Quote from: Archer11 on June 02, 2011, 05:52:45 PM
Darling to I.smith
Harris to Pendlebury

Even if smith isn't named this trade will likely happen. Darling is going to decrease in value, BE 90, and there aren't many other options. As for Pendlebury, no one else in the mids I would choose above him so I think I'll cop the bye on the chin for round 13. Thoughts?

Who else do you have? If you're not fielding darling, then I see no issues with dropping him now. Personally, I'm holding off pendles atm and getting in Boyd. What about darling to mzungu if you don't have him, probably a better option than smith. Even callinan could be worth a shot, his JS is better than smiths (despite being injured), hawks aren't going to be dropping anyone when they keep smashing it.

Around Pendles level (not quite in his league), I'd be looking at Thompson, Hodge, Murphy, Mundy, even montagna and ablett. If you're in the running for eliminator, I don't think I would do it.

Ziplock

Quote from: jk17 on June 02, 2011, 07:20:35 PM
Which combo to start?

Mzungu (mid), Darling (fwd), Krak (fwd)
or
D.Swallow (mid), Darling (fwd), Mzungu (fwd)
or
D.Swallow (mid), Mzungu (fwd), Krak (fwd)

probably option 2, give mzungu a little bit more just to demonstrate what he's made of. Krakouer could post some serious scores against st kilda.

Dunham29

Who to start? Pick 3

Ellard
Swallow
Harris
Mzungu
Jacobs

Ziplock

ellard, mzungu, swallow.

lukedogg17

help! what should i do with dawes? hes hurting me, and not good enough as a 7th fwd atm. i can dwongrade him to mzungu and then switch okeefe to fwd, then upgrade libba. but i can obviously downgrade other players instead of dawes. i have a feeling ill trade him out and then he'll pop the ton!

Ziplock

probably shouldn't have traded him in. But, I won't hold that against you.

Do you have other more immediate concerns to attend to, if so, do those. If not and you have a lot of trades left, then downgrade to mzungu and upgrade libba, or you could take a punt and straight swap to didak. Either one.

Stocutz

Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2011, 07:14:04 PM
Quote from: Stocutz on June 02, 2011, 05:17:02 PM
Looking to trade both libba and conca will be getting mzunga on the downgrade and am undecided on upgrade

Current mids: swan Boyd selwood Sylvia mundy Harris polec libba conca.

Not really interested in hodge and will maybe get Pendles after his bye thru a mpp swap with Sylvia and krak/Higgins if he doesn't start producing.

Thompson maybe? Not very many other mids options out there other than him, maybe A Swallow on his current form, and hodge.

So u don't think Murphy or ablett? I was leaning towards murph but Yablett looks to have turned the corner. Thomo maybe but crows I'm unsure on. Swallow too up and down.

Btw love ur incite and advice. Keep it up!!

lnugawela

Looking at bringing another mid premium into my side, what do you think of Thompson? Boyd is my target for next week hopefully.....

Ziplock

'So u don't think Murphy or ablett? I was leaning towards murph but Yablett looks to have turned the corner. Thomo maybe but crows I'm unsure on. Swallow too up and down.

Btw love ur incite and advice. Keep it up!!'

Sorry, I keep discounting murphy because of his finals bye (which takes him off my personal list), but for overall worth a shot.

Honestly, for the rest of the season ablett may scrape in the top 10 mids and average over 100... I wouldn't be betting on it though.

Thompson's been performing pretty well week in and out, he's pretty much holding up the crows atm.

Ziplock

Quote from: lnugawela on June 02, 2011, 07:59:37 PM
Looking at bringing another mid premium into my side, what do you think of Thompson? Boyd is my target for next week hopefully.....

I like thompson. Who do you already have though?