Best call ever

Started by Memphistopheles, June 02, 2011, 01:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Although it seemed like a ridiculously outrageously risky call at the time, I traded out Dane Swan in round 7.

In retrospect it is looking like a fantastic decision and I reckon i was the only player gutsy enough to pull the trigger.

Now with Swan struggling and set to miss a couple of games it will certainly be my call of the season.

I benefited from all Swan's good scores and when I get him back in when he is fit and firing again (Round 15 against Hawthorn) he will spearhead

In the meantime everyone has to cover him for three weeks (including his bye).

Admittedly the man I got in didn't fire as I would have liked (Chapman), but will have three weeks of making points where Swan scores nada.

Also it allows Foley three more games to go up in price (against Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne) before i trade him to Swan.

Cicjose

ballsy how many trades left?

lukedogg17

this is not the best call ever. i think youre trying to convince yourself still lol good luck.

and 90s for swan are "struggling" love it!

youre going to have burnt 2 trades to cover 2 byes and 1 game missed due to injury?

you still wouldve had cover for swan im sure and with the way some of the bench players are going theres no doubting they could drop 80s in his absense so no offence but those 2 trade you wasted have probably earnt you an extra 60 points in the overall scheme of things which in my eyes isnt a win or a best call ever lol

Sack Craig

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm 35th in Australia and I thought the call was pretty easy. I went swan to selwood

lukedogg17

Quote from: Sack Craig on June 02, 2011, 03:17:55 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm 35th in Australia and I thought the call was pretty easy. I went swan to selwood

oh sorry i didnt know there was royalty in the house! mr 35, congrats to you! because youre 35th you must be like god or something? well i bid you goodluck trading out all your premiums because they have byes! such an easy call dont know why i didnt waste my two trades on it!

AlexIsOnFire

There is a simple couple of rules I follow

- never trade a player out, then back in, what a waste of trades
- never trade out Dane Swan unless he's broken his legs like Barlow
- use rookies trades to bring in guns

Basic stuff, you've used up a few trades to cover potentially 1 round he misses, and chapman could have been brought in this week for 60k cheaper then when u got him.

Worst call ever!!!!

Chopps

Ok gutsy call I trade out premiums and back in, in unique circumstances benefit your team

Keep in mind you probably could of used those two trades to get chappy anyway while swan is out he scores 0 but you surely have cover

I wouldn t rate this trade

(not trying to be offensive just objective)