$433,800

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 01, 2011, 10:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

alright i have $433,800 to spend on a midfielder this week

Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Montagna, Krakouer, Harris   (Jacobs, Hibberd, Bewick)
17 trades remaining

thats my midfield at the moment, i'm going Krak -> Mzungu, Harris -> Premo

can't get Pendles or S.Thompson due to a few of my mates having them, and i want different premo's

i'm only after a league win and i feel as if Hodge/Mitchell have the best finals games (with G.C in round 24) and also the cheapest

or does someone have any other ideas?

would love advice guys!

cheers

fertalong

what are your current mids and how many trades do you have left?

Andrew

"can't get Pendles or S.Thompson"

That means you're taking a gamble that someone else you pick is going to do better. Only Joel Selwood would I have any confidence with, and if you're concentrating on your league with your mates, Selwood has a DT semi-final bye. Marc Murphy a prelim-final bye.

One of the two you listed are the best picks this week. Mitchell the value option - and you don't need to go the value option...

Bill Manspeaker

yeah i know it sucks because those 2 are probably the biggest killers right now.. it's just something that me and a few mates have got going

Bill Manspeaker

i'm thinkin Mundy..  he has Collingwood at Patersons Stadium in round 23 and Dogs at Etihad in round 24...

he scored 120 against the dogs last time but that was over in Perth.

and at least the Pies game is over in Perth.

but if i go Mundy i only save around 24k... should be able to cash in a few blokes a bit later though

fertalong

17 trades is plenty. If jobe watson plays he could be a good option. You would just have to save 1 trade for him come round24.

bundyboy

agree....
Quote from: fertalong on June 01, 2011, 10:55:14 PM
17 trades is plenty. If jobe watson plays he could be a good option. You would just have to save 1 trade for him come round24.

only thing knocking watson is his bye at rd 24, but with your trades left, I think he qualifies beautifylly for you if you can't take pendles, thompson or selwood

Bill Manspeaker

that is true, he's an excellent option.. although if for whatever reason i can't keep that 1 trade i would be spewin...

i can take Selwood, but i already have Bartel.

i'm almost certain i'll win my first final and miss the Geelong bye so that's very tempting... but he's just out of range at $450,500

Cicjose

if you don't want Selwood get Thompson, Mitchell or Watson IMO

Chopps

Quote from: brad on June 01, 2011, 11:19:53 PM
that is true, he's an excellent option.. although if for whatever reason i can't keep that 1 trade i would be spewin...

i can take Selwood, but i already have Bartel.

i'm almost certain i'll win my first final and miss the Geelong bye so that's very tempting... but he's just out of range at $450,500
You can't count on that, that will be your downfall if you do, otherwise your mates suck so do it 