2 in a row for cheney is it a start of his run?

Started by toodledock, June 10, 2009, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodledock

I bloody hope so him and broughton are starting to pay off for me big time

evawes1

I hope Cheney stays! But Melbourne has a lot of guys in the back who want that spot. Wheatley is waiting to come back, and he's a star. Cheney is playing like a gun though - definitely solid for next year. But not sure this year, which pisses me off cause I have him :)

ronl

He seems to have the poise element, which is hard to find in young players.  Melbourne should play him for the rest of the year, along with Grimes - next year they will be dynamite.

chris

Have both Cheney and Broughton and with Drummo out this week and Raines an unknown I need both of these guys to play. With scores of 80(Cheney) and 92(Broughton) this week you think they would be safe but the last time they both got dropped they scored 93(Cheney) and 76(Broughton) so lets just hope.

Grovesy

Whealey is not a gun and hopefully he plays out his days in the VFL.  Doesn't take much talent to kick the ball 60m to an opposition player.

Cheney, although good struggles with being accountable which is what you want from a backman.  Jamie Bennell might take his spot back.

toodledock

fatcat

you mean thursday week.  Melbourne don't play until the next week so you won't know their team until next week well after lockout.

Got to love split rounds.  Can be the death knell for teams who rely too heavily on whether rookies o fringe players get picked or not.