The Most Important Spot in the 22

Started by Holz, June 01, 2011, 08:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Holzman on June 01, 2011, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: Andrew on June 01, 2011, 10:41:08 PM
I'm most concerned with Eliminator, and while it won't be great having Swan & Pendlebury out in the same week, so many other teams will also (or at least have Swan) and it's that early in the season, that I'm willing to take the punt. As I planned all season, I've got dual position link ups and great rookie bench cover that I think I'll be able to cope with it.

good point if im still around for the collingwood game i might be in trouble, but imagine if you are down to the last 4 in the eliminator and you get knocked out from the carlton bye. I would think if your still in the eliminator than you will have an eassier opponent in the collingwood bye than the cartlton.

depends on how you do for the round as to who you versus... you might have a crap game but still win however that will mean your opponent next week, will be tougher (or closer to your avg)

id go thomo.

Whats your ranking holzman and how many trades you got left? im new to overall

Holz

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 02, 2011, 01:14:11 AM
Quote from: Holzman on June 01, 2011, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: Andrew on June 01, 2011, 10:41:08 PM
I'm most concerned with Eliminator, and while it won't be great having Swan & Pendlebury out in the same week, so many other teams will also (or at least have Swan) and it's that early in the season, that I'm willing to take the punt. As I planned all season, I've got dual position link ups and great rookie bench cover that I think I'll be able to cope with it.

good point if im still around for the collingwood game i might be in trouble, but imagine if you are down to the last 4 in the eliminator and you get knocked out from the carlton bye. I would think if your still in the eliminator than you will have an eassier opponent in the collingwood bye than the cartlton.

depends on how you do for the round as to who you versus... you might have a crap game but still win however that will mean your opponent next week, will be tougher (or closer to your avg)

id go thomo.

Whats your ranking holzman and how many trades you got left? im new to overall

im ranked around 3000 after being 8000 2 weeks back, im not going to win the car but i would be happy with back to back top 1000 placings so that's what im aiming for. Im very low on trades (10) as i have wasted quite a few this year, Foley to ward and Krak to dids come to mind.

I have been trading hard with a double trade the last 5 weeks, so i will do one more this week and than i will only be trading for injury or one or 2 upgrades if i can go through the season without injury. For overall i find you need to trade hard early get a good team on the park and rack up points, than try and survive for the rest of the season with very little trades.

plugz19

as much as i like murphy, being a carlton supporter, just think pendles is a safer bet..

Memphistopheles

I think Murphy will gain you more ranking spots if he fires compared to Pendles.

I am in a similar situation - have Murphy, Pendles, Swan and Thompson to pick for my two remaining mid spots with one this week and one after Collingwood bye.

But with Swan out for an extra week i think i'll go Murphy and Swan, because Swan coming back a week later means Foley can suit up against the Demons who love giving away points to mids.

Rest of my team is ready and I have 12 trades left atm.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 12:26:32 PM
I think Murphy will gain you more ranking spots if he fires compared to Pendles.

I am in a similar situation - have Murphy, Pendles, Swan and Thompson to pick for my two remaining mid spots with one this week and one after Collingwood bye.

But with Swan out for an extra week i think i'll go Murphy and Swan, because Swan coming back a week later means Foley can suit up against the Demons who love giving away points to mids.

why do you think murphy will help my ranking more, if you are saying because murphy is more unique than if he scores well than i will be ahead, however if get muprphy and pendles fires up i will be disadvantaged to alot or players. The rest of my team is failry strong so im not worried about uniquness.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on June 02, 2011, 12:31:52 PM

why do you think murphy will help my ranking more, if you are saying because murphy is more unique than if he scores well than i will be ahead, however if get muprphy and pendles fires up i will be disadvantaged to alot or players. The rest of my team is failry strong so im not worried about uniquness.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 02, 2011, 12:31:52 PM

?

Memphistopheles

Wtf?

Lets try that again.

I think if Murphy continues his good run he will gain you more spots as less people above you would have been willing to take the risk on him.

And after this week and next (he plays Port and Bris) he will increase in value enough that it will put off some people who will be looking to go to a fallen premium. I can't see his price falling much more.

Although looking at their overall run home Murphy and Pendles play fairly similar teams.

Murphy - Port, Bris, Syd, WCE, Rich, Bull, Coll, Ess, Nth, Melb, Fre, Haw, Bye, StK
Pendles - StK, Melb, bye, Syd, Haw, Nth, Car, GCS, Ess, Port, StK, Bris, Frem, Gee

Just for good measure
Thompson - Nth, WCE, Bull, Gee, Syd, Bye, Ess, StK, Port, Bris, Gee, GCS, Rich, WCE

Holz

thanks everyone if i upgrade harris i will be going to pendles, the only problem now is do i actually trade out sandi this week for bailey/vardy, trade out stanley 9 dont want to do), be super bold and trade out zac smith if fraser is named or just settle and be forced to play zac smith this week.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on June 02, 2011, 12:49:35 PM
thanks everyone if i upgrade harris i will be going to pendles, the only problem now is do i actually trade out sandi this week for bailey/vardy, trade out stanley 9 dont want to do), be super bold and trade out zac smith if fraser is named or just settle and be forced to play zac smith this week.

Sandi for me, if you won't do that then Stanley.

Keep Smith at least until Sandi returns.

I'm going to Murphy this week i think - will be interesting to see if you can catch me Holzman with your pendles pick (current rank 1555) :P

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 01:00:39 PM

I'm going to Murphy this week i think - will be interesting to see if you can catch me Holzman with your pendles pick (current rank 1555) :P

well if i trade out smith it means my ruck combo is petrie, cox with bailey and sandi on the bench, but yeah im leanigng towards sandi, if he comes backs and smashes it i can simply upgrade smith for him. As i have bulk cash left over.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on June 02, 2011, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 01:00:39 PM

well if i trade out smith it means my ruck combo is petrie, cox with bailey and sandi on the bench, but yeah im leanigng towards sandi, if he comes backs and smashes it i can simply upgrade smith for him. As i have bulk cash left over.

Good luck - see you in the top 1000