The Most Important Spot in the 22

Started by Holz, June 01, 2011, 08:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I personally believe the last mid upgrade is the most important trade of the year, as i wont be able to pick up any purely mid players from now onwards.

I have Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Selwood, Bartel and i can afford anyone.

I have Gibbs and Scotland in the back and Dids upfront.

At this stage murphy and pendles are the front runners, i basically want to pick the guy who will average the most for the rest of the season, i dont care about how cheap they are as the rest of my team is settled., so guys like hodge are out as i dont think they will average more than these 2.

I have better cover in the backs than the forward line so  I should be able to easily cover 3 Carlton guys with Jacobs, Pup, Mzungu, Hibberd as very solid bench cover. So thats a plus for murphy over pendles.

Slap

dids upfront?  Didn't know he could be a fwd :S

Holz

plugz19

so your planning on doing it this round or..?

Holz

yeah this round i go for overall so i try and get as many points as possible plus i want to win my eliminator. I trading out sandi this week so i will have 300k to spend.

I actually an alternative is to trade harris to carrazoo and put him in the backline and than after the collingwood bye go bewick to pendles.

Footy God

TMurphBROWNLOW

can't go wrong with either. I'd go pendles

Holz

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Stanley (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Harris (Bewick, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Cox,Petrie (Smith,Bailey)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Knights, Higgins, Didak (Mzungu, Richardson,Tippet)

i should probably show my team to show all my options, i will be trading out Sandi so i will have 320k to spend.

The obvious trade is to go upgrade Harris to anyone i wont, however a an out of the box trade could be harris to carrazo and than after the collingwood bye go bewick to pendles.

which would leave me with very good cover in the backline and if sandi does come out and start smashing 100s and petrie underpefroms i can downgrade stanley and upgrade smith to sandi and have petrie as my 8th forward.

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Carrazzo (Pup, Stanley, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Pendles (Jacobs, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Cox,Petrie (Smith,Bailey)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Knights, Higgins, Didak (Mzungu, Richardson,Tippet)

SLICE n DICE

AlexIsOnFire

I'm on Murphs, I'm going for overall and no bye till Rd 23. Plenty of scores to come.

Holz

im not sure if i should really take into account the byes, in both situations im 3 short and they both have a bye so i should just be picking the highest averaging player. Actually a slight plus is i have cover know and im not sure if my cover will imporve or get worse as the season goes on.

Andrew

I'm most concerned with Eliminator, and while it won't be great having Swan & Pendlebury out in the same week, so many other teams will also (or at least have Swan) and it's that early in the season, that I'm willing to take the punt. As I planned all season, I've got dual position link ups and great rookie bench cover that I think I'll be able to cope with it.

Holz

Quote from: Andrew on June 01, 2011, 10:41:08 PM
I'm most concerned with Eliminator, and while it won't be great having Swan & Pendlebury out in the same week, so many other teams will also (or at least have Swan) and it's that early in the season, that I'm willing to take the punt. As I planned all season, I've got dual position link ups and great rookie bench cover that I think I'll be able to cope with it.

good point if im still around for the collingwood game i might be in trouble, but imagine if you are down to the last 4 in the eliminator and you get knocked out from the carlton bye. I would think if your still in the eliminator than you will have an eassier opponent in the collingwood bye than the cartlton.

bundyboy

harris > thompson or murphy

tough to say pendles can't get a run....but the bye is hurting his timing...

didak to ...Pav ?  fyfe ? other, and then I recon you are pretty sweet

Holz

Quote from: bundyboy on June 01, 2011, 11:05:47 PM
harris > thompson or murphy

tough to say pendles can't get a run....but the bye is hurting his timing...

didak to ...Pav ?  fyfe ? other, and then I recon you are pretty sweet

no chance of the second trade im very happy with dids in my team.