Dane Swan. Arizona Beckons.

Started by Windigo, June 01, 2011, 07:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Heard on the news that injured pies will travel to Arizona and Maxwell said it MAY happen around mid season break.

I tip Swan to play this week but miss next week.

Ziplock

Personally, I would give him the week off before his bye so he loses minimal game time but still gets maximum benefits.

n4cr123

Has anyone actully ever seen or head a list of players who are meant to evgoing over??

Memphistopheles

Quote from: n4cr123 on June 01, 2011, 07:48:36 PM
Has anyone actully ever seen or head a list of players who are meant to evgoing over??

No but if any club is going to do it/can afford to do it then it would be Collingwood.

It's not like they can't afford him to miss a game or two.

Silenced_1

I think they're heading over after they play melbourne. Then Collingwood have a bye and they're ment to miss the round 15 game, back for round 16.

I thought I heard that Darren Jolly, Dane Swan, Leigh Brown (perhaps? and two others are going.

lukedogg17

The trip is costing the pies 35000, players rumoured to be going are swan, Nathan brown and Leigh brown, jolly and Ben Johnson. They should make it back just before the Sydney game but won't play so expect swan to miss v's syd which is the team you'd want to not play against dt wise, an then be back better than ever. If the trip happens that is

Slap

Quote from: lukedogg17 on June 01, 2011, 08:51:54 PM
The trip is costing the pies 35000, players rumoured to be going are swan, Nathan brown and Leigh brown, jolly and Ben Johnson. They should make it back just before the Sydney game but won't play so expect swan to miss v's syd which is the team you'd want to not play against dt wise, an then be back better than ever. If the trip happens that is

+1, all explained in an article that came out around a week ago in the Sydney Herald.  See older topics for details and a link.

oldshepp

As a Pies fan I think its a load of shower

Why send players that are carrying injuries over to high altitude to get conditioning?   They don't take the injured ones over pre-season.  Didn't Malthouse say in the same article that they have an altitude simulator room at the Westpac Centre?

Swan played ok on the weekend and kicked a goal from 50 with very little effort.  I noticed he wasn't wearing any strapping on the supposed troublesome thigh either

Guess I might be eating my words

This just out on afl.com

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/115310/default.aspx

:P

FLOPITOUT1

:'( oh well i should be happy its only 2 weeks  :'(

fertalong

He's only missing 1 game so it's for the best if he comes back and starts blasting 130's again.

Windigo

He is playing this weekend.

He will miss next week and then has the bye.

So it's virtually 2 weeks.

But if he is 'injured' then why is he still playing!?

If he smashes 35 touches I reckon they should re-consider.  ;)

FLOPITOUT1

Holz

it looks like pendles is safe, but if i trade him in this week and he goes to Arizona i might flip out and trade swan and Pendles out for Hunt and Zac Dawson

Ziplock

I would give you serious props for that.... considering hunt is a defender :P

bundyboy

if swan going...then what are the chances he might also get subbed at 3/4 time...

very happy with him going anyway - fits perfectly with my trade timing to pick him up when he gets back....and also very happy to be playing others who might have been relying on him whilst I have not....