Back line trade advice

Started by TheBeatles, June 01, 2011, 06:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBeatles

Gday all - good points on this sites, love reading all thoughts and then putting them with mine.

Need some ideas on back line trade - currently have

Gibbs, Chaplin, Goddard, Lids, Duffield, Lower, Diugan (Thompson, Toy, Otten)  have Jacobs in mid bench to cover for byes / inj
12 trades left and $183,600 in bank
Thinking time for Duigan to go which means i can get anyone - would like  Scotland but already Murphy in mids so 3 Carlton for finals??
or trade thompson which leaves me with $370,200

I know people will say Suckling & Adcock but worry abvout injuries with these 2 so any others on the radar im missing.

Cheers :P

Ziplock

duigan to suckling? or a rested + bottomed out enright?

TheBeatles

already have selwood and chappy so dont want 3 geelong come finals

just have doubts of suckling playing all year as haveny seen a hawks game yet.  Obviously his JS is solid now but any news on his body

LaHug

Quote from: TheBeatles on June 01, 2011, 07:09:47 PM
already have selwood and chappy so dont want 3 geelong come finals

just have doubts of suckling playing all year as haveny seen a hawks game yet.  Obviously his JS is solid now but any news on his body
Been watching the Hawks because I wanted to get Suckling in. Got him in last week and was very happy. Looks good and is very safe. Gets most of his points from easy kicks and marks. Does not seem any more likely to be injured than any other player. Get him in!
Other than hi and Adcock, I can't see anyone worth getting. Do you have Heppell in the mids? He could be a back keeper!

SydneyRox

Fisher is probably your best bet.

TheBeatles

never got heppell - is he worth picking up now in defensive?? :-\

Holz

why not look at heath shaw or adcock, but if i were you i would get in scotland he will probably average the most out of  the backs you dont have and if you save a trade for there bye you can trade out gibbs or scotland for any premium.

Dunham29

Shaw, Deledio Newman. The best 3 you dont have in that order IMO

LaHug

Quote from: TheBeatles on June 01, 2011, 07:40:56 PM
never got heppell - is he worth picking up now in defensive?? :-\
Probably not now. As a rookie, he's bound to have his ups and downs. That being said, he's better than most of the other backs...

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Dunham29 on June 01, 2011, 07:58:37 PM
Shaw, Deledio Newman. The best 3 you dont have in that order IMO

hahaha he has deledio :P

TheBeatles

yeah prob missed the heppel train,  like the scotland idea as i can put Murphy on the bench for finals, as have plenty of Mid / fwds to cover. trade gibbs and scotland out and then bring em back.

side pretty set except for 1 more def later on - fingers crossed no injuries and can save the trades

thanks all 8)

LaHug

I'm sick of people talking about trains... If you think someone will be one of the best 6 or 7 in a position and you can afford them, you get them.

TheBeatles

yeah your right - onto the scotland train i go toot toot!!!!!
hope the driver takes of hahahaha :'(