To Ablett or not to Ablett??-That is the question

Started by bigsy, June 01, 2011, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsy

Memphistopheles

I got Ablett last week - i think he will continue to pump out tons. Even the afl's best team, the cats, couldn't stop him. He is a freak and could find the footy in a sandstorm.

Just won't kick as many goals as last year which is why his scores will be down a bit from last season.

Wacky Tiger

Quote from: bigsy on June 01, 2011, 05:37:25 PM
Would Hodgey be a better option??

This is my dilemma.  Can afford either but dont know who to go.  Im leaning towards Ablett just for the fact hes still showing he can score big even in GC losses

Ago97

I wouldn't go Ablett
Unfortunatley he has no one to give him the ball where as at the cats he had a lot of support
once the suns get stronger I think he will come good (Next year for me)

Ziplock

not going to lie, seriously considering loading up with suns next year. Another year older, just going to be that much stronger as a team. Seriously considering Gablett, Swallow, Smith etc.

BillMurray

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 01, 2011, 05:50:20 PM
I got Ablett last week - i think he will continue to pump out tons. Even the afl's best team, the cats, couldn't stop him. He is a freak and could find the footy in a sandstorm.

Just won't kick as many goals as last year which is why his scores will be down a bit from last season.

+1. I got him last week also. 92 points after being basically double teamed and sat on by the strongest mid outfit in the league is a super effort and I think he'll start churning out some tasty scores as the season wears on. I also love that his down games never drop below 80 unlike other mid options which is esp good if gunning for league wins..

Memphistopheles

Quote from: BillMurray on June 01, 2011, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 01, 2011, 05:50:20 PM

+1. I got him last week also. 92 points after being basically double teamed and sat on by the strongest mid outfit in the league is a super effort and I think he'll start churning out some tasty scores as the season wears on. I also love that his down games never drop below 80 unlike other mid options which is esp good if gunning for league wins..

He got 31 possessions against the best team and arguably the strongest midfield in the comp. 18 of those were handballs and he only had one mark hence the 92 DT.

He is averaging 29 disposals a game - that is immense. I expect more marks, kicks compared to handballs and tackles and goals against teams not as good as Geelong.

bigsy

point taken, but would risky rishowerelli be a bit too risky??

C-Dogg

Quote from: Ago97 on June 01, 2011, 05:52:15 PM
I wouldn't go Ablett
Unfortunatley he has no one to give him the ball where as at the cats he had a lot of support
once the suns get stronger I think he will come good (Next year for me)

x2