Should I trade the greatest decision of the year?

Started by Fenno, June 01, 2011, 03:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

My greatest decision of the year was to keep Foley instead of follow the pack and trade him to Curnow he is probably a fair bit of the reason I am placed where I am Overall now. But is it time to say goodbye to a bloke who has averaged 99.3 over the last 6 rounds? He has a bye this round then plays Sydney the next. Shoud I turn him into someone like Selwood?

dale93

Whats your other mids?I think its time to go as he has probely hit his peek!!!Ablett and Scotty Pendles are other great buys :)

Chopps

Glad it worked out how much you make of him, I say yes upgrade

Fenno

he made just under 100k so only 85k less than Curnow, A stack of points and saved me a trade. The rest of my midfield is set only really Selwood missing fron it.

Macman5005

Trading him could be your best option, but surely after a score of 140+ he must have a very low B/E and could make you even more money. If you have have good coverage for this week I would look at holdiing onto him a bit longer. I also think he in and under game style would get him a good score against Sydney. IMO.

Bazinga

Great trade IMO. You will eventually make this trade anyway, so why not do it now. Without his first round knock-out, he is easily the highest averaging player in DT with 120 ppg. You will need to wait 2 weeks to take advantage of Foley's 140+ against Port, and there is no guarantee that he will ton up against the Swans. Pendles scored 131 against West Coast and will have a low breakeven also.

Fenno

Quote from: Macman5005 on June 01, 2011, 03:49:16 PM
Trading him could be your best option, but surely after a score of 140+ he must have a very low B/E and could make you even more money. If you have have good coverage for this week I would look at holdiing onto him a bit longer. I also think he in and under game style would get him a good score against Sydney. IMO.
He scored 121 last week and has a breakeven of 51. I keep a bit of an eye on breakevens but at the end of the day the team with the highest value doesn't win anything its the team with the highest points. Although after Sydney he plays Brisbane who he already played this year and scored 123 and then Melbourne. So could be some good scores to come.

Fenno

Had Pendles since rd1 thats why im thinking Selwood

Bazinga

Woops .. sorry I thought I was posting in a different thread  :-[

Memphistopheles

Ok another question on the same topic

I have also kept Foley and am loving his returns.

I already have Selwood, but not Pendles - is it better to get Pendles now or wait till after his bye?

Current mids are Ablett, Mundy, Boyd, Selwood, Foley, Chapman, Harris, Wallis, Prestia.

Chapman to mpp to forwards once Harris is upgraded (probably this week) and that just leaves the question of when to upgrade Foley for my last mid spot.

Holz

i think its time to make the trade to selwood, at the moment he is probably the safest guy to pump out a 110+ score. I did a much worse trade than foley to curnow i went foley to ward, that trade has runied my whole season along with my krak to dids 'upgrade'.

Fenno

After reading Calvins Captains it makes me even more keen to grab Selwood

FLOPITOUT1

Yeah im on Selwood this week and putting the big C on him

RiOtChEsS

is that 263rd < current? if ur going for overall move him along no question...

Holz

with swan down with injury selwood will be filling in as the perma captain for a while, if you ever get the chance ot bring in a superstar i think its always the right decision to do so.