which hawk?

Started by bob321, May 31, 2011, 11:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob321

Current midfield - Swan Boyd Pendles Selwood Monty Harris (Bewick Wallis Hibberd)
loving the look of the hawks run home and have decided to ditch Harris and bring one in this week to complete my mids.
Only question is - Hodge or Shiels?

Hodgey is a superstar, looks over his injury and seems to be hitting straps form-wise, but on the downside cops a tag most weeks and this can affect his scoring (eg vs Ling round 5) also for a premo mid can get a few too many sub 100 scores even if he makes up for it with the odd 150.

Shiels is having a massive season and seems to be racking up points with cheap kicks and lots of tackles and with mitchell and hodge around he will never cop a tag. Also he would be a great unique for me as noone else in my league has him. He has copped a few scores under the ton and as a young player who knows if his form will continue? Is he really a premo mid or will he fall from grace?

Who would you pick and why?

LEV

id go hodge.  He is a gun and like you said, "hitting his straps form-wise"

Id jump on now though, seeming less and less like a bargain each week with his price rises (was 328k three weeks ago)

Footy God

Get S.Thompson/Boyd so you have the best midfield available.

bob321

Thompson is the only other option really. Have Boyd and i dont like Mundy

stigs

Wes Mantooth

missed the boat on murphy.
thomo is your man, or hodge.

CFC 1979

scotty thompson is your man

Flame

AlexIsOnFire

Hodge is a gun but will get the tag sooner rather then later.

Shiels will never see a tag other then his target clothes he buys....

Just a matter of deciding whether Shiels can keep up this crazy form, and whether Hodge will continue to roam free like he has been....

bob321

Can't get Murphy doesn't bode well with the bye in finals. Hodge is too dangerous to let run free. He will get tagged alot its just whether he can break it or not.

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: bob321 on June 01, 2011, 12:19:05 AM
Thompson is the only other option really. Have Boyd and i dont like Mundy
+ 1 . Or one of the Hawks take your pick, their killing it DT wise at the moment

thatguy

i agree on murphy... with blues bye in finals makes no sense to bring him in now. if you had him from start all well and good.

i reckon thompson has to be considered strongly.