Sitting 423rd & needs future planning advice...

Started by madskill55, May 31, 2011, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madskill55

Hey fellas, just wanted to get some advice on future planning and what players will complete my team...

My team currently is:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Heppell Broughton, Lower (Stanley, Puopolo, Coad)
Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Selwood, Goodes (Harris, Wallis, Mzungu)
Cox, Sandy (Smith, Bailey)
Buddy, Chapman, N Roo, Stevie J, Higgins, Knights, Petrie (Krak, Lynch, Prestia)

I brought higgins as a keeper so im prepared to ride the highs and lows instead of wasting a trade on him..

I have 22k in the bank, 14 trades left, & dont plan to trade soon unless i have to.... so basically im just asking till round 20, what premiums should i get in to complete my team. I want to win my league, but trying to achieve the highest overall rank as possible as well... so yeah who do i need to bring in? Thanks heaps

FLOPITOUT1

Your doing pretty well dont let me stuff you up but  ;) . Maybe Suckling,Shaw or Enright into your backline. Move Goodes into your Forwards pee off krak and upgrade to premium midfielder

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 09:48:47 PM
Your doing pretty well dont let me stuff you up but  ;) . Maybe Suckling,Shaw or Enright into your backline. Move Goodes into your Forwards pee off krak and upgrade to premium midfielder

i second this except for the enright comment... don't let that barbie ruin your season! with the high possie footy hawks are playing sucking is a goer. as for a prem midfielder, go someone like rockliff after he drops a little in price a few weeks after his return...

Wes Mantooth

actually disregard!

im 711 and i want gain ground on people like you! :)

madskill55

thanks mate.. yeh i realise my backline is the weakest cause this year the backline has revolutionised dreamteam/supercoach with the poor scores. i thought about the goodes mpp link, the thing is if i move goodes into the fwd line and krak in the middle and upgrade krak... one of petrie and knights would be on the bench so who would i get rid of? remembering petrie has a bye first week of finals and knights has a strong run home is leaning me towards keeping knights but im not too sure?....

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 31, 2011, 09:58:06 PM
actually disregard!

im 711 and i want gain ground on people like you! :)

Haha alll good mate. im sure you'll beat me anyways!!!

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 31, 2011, 09:56:50 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 09:48:47 PM

i second this except for the enright comment... don't let that barbie ruin your season! with the high possie footy hawks are playing sucking is a goer. as for a prem midfielder, go someone like rockliff after he drops a little in price a few weeks after his return...
lol i know what you mean but that's why his name was the last mentioned. A little harsh i think Enright will bounce back and kick a.s.s i hope  :-X

AlexIsOnFire

ur cheating mate, how come you're allowed to have Gibbs twice in ur defence..... ;)

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: madskill55 on May 31, 2011, 09:59:17 PM
thanks mate.. yeh i realise my backline is the weakest cause this year the backline has revolutionised dreamteam/supercoach with the poor scores. i thought about the goodes mpp link, the thing is if i move goodes into the fwd line and krak in the middle and upgrade krak... one of petrie and knights would be on the bench so who would i get rid of? remembering petrie has a bye first week of finals and knights has a strong run home is leaning me towards keeping knights but im not too sure?....
Thats a tuff one, i reckon you should keep Petrie and knights. Its a pity you dont have the ruck link with Petrie so you can cover your rucks and then get rid of Smith maybe, like i say not sure  :-\

FLOPITOUT1

Maybe downgrade Smith to a dual possy for cash then you can use Petrie as ruck back up aswell  :-\

madskill55

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 31, 2011, 10:01:50 PM
ur cheating mate, how come you're allowed to have Gibbs twice in ur defence..... ;)

Feelin okay mate? Not getting a bit dillusional are we? Guess thats what too many beers and getting high'does to ya mate haha jokes!!! Thanks for the pickup...

madskill55

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 10:06:08 PM
Maybe downgrade Smith to a dual possy for cash then you can use Petrie as ruck back up aswell  :-\

if you have look at the draw, im pretty sure everyone will downgrade smith in round 16-17 (thats if you have the big 2 ruckmen) cause they will have finished all their byes, and barr injuries they will play out the year...

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: madskill55 on May 31, 2011, 10:11:29 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

if you have look at the draw, im pretty sure everyone will downgrade smith in round 16-17 (thats if you have the big 2 ruckmen) cause they will have finished all their byes, and barr injuries they will play out the year...
I was just trying to think of a way of justifying keeping both Knights and Petrie. You could use Petrie as a 7th forward or a backup ruck and Knights as a 7th forward if Petrie is needed to cover the ruck, or he would be a handy forward benchy. No what i mean. But to do that you would need to downgrade Smith into a dpp R/F

Bluke

If your sitting 423rd you dont need our help..

Well done mate!

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: Bluke on May 31, 2011, 10:17:54 PM

Well done mate!
I also thought about saying this, just trying to give a little input  ;)

madskill55

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 10:20:20 PM
Quote from: Bluke on May 31, 2011, 10:17:54 PM

Well done mate!
I also thought about saying this, just trying to give a little input  ;)

thanks but the funny thing about this game is you can be in the top 500 one week, the next week you have a shocker and your sitting outside the top 5000.. no matter what position you are in these fantasy games doesnt reiterate how much knowledge a person knows about afl football so despite where you're ranked, your advice could be the best going around :D