Pendlebury or Thompson

Started by someguy, May 31, 2011, 05:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do I bring in this week?

Pendlebury
Thompson

someguy

I have settled on bringing in a premium mid this week however I'm having a tough time deciding who to pick up. This would appear to be a no brainer (Pendlebury over Thompson), but there are a few circumstances that have me a bit hesistant:

• This week is a must win for me in my league so the focus is mostly on who will score the highest (Thompson vs the Roos, or Pendles vs the Saints)
  • Both will end up in my team regardless of who I bring in this week
  • I already have Swan, Shaw and Krakouer so bringing in Pendlebury will make it more difficult to cover them all during the Round 13 bye. I have plenty of MPP though so should be able to do it though.
  • With Swan struggling (and potentially not playing) this leaves Pendlebury a bit more exposed to the Jones tag. While Pendles is a gun and can handle most tags, his scoring will undoubtly be affected (probably finish with a 85-95 score as opposed to a 110+ score - not a huge amount but thats likely to be the difference between me winning and losing)
  • Thompson is in terrific form and playing a relatively poor side in North. As far as I know though he hasn't been tagged heavily this year (feel free to correct me on this) and I'm a bit worried that with his recent form he could cop a heavy tag (Rawlings?)

yorgis

i'm upgrading krak but its looking like i will go with thommo this week and maybe pendles after his bye

C-Dogg

thompson, wont miss any head to heads for rest of year and is a lonesome ranger in adelaides team where as pendles isnt

yorgis

BillMurray

From memory the roos are the worst team/close to for Thompson's DT average which you should probably take into account. I feel strongly that Dale Thomas will be the one targeted by Clinton Jones and feel Pendles should go very well at the G after his 131 last week. I'd go Pendles if your desperate to win your league match as his scores aren't as variable as Thommo's generally ..

someguy

dale93

Get Pendlas i am this week :)I have Swan and Pendlas now but i got Rookies such as Mzunga, Jacobs, Hibbard, Conca all to cover the bye :)

BoozBlues

im ranked inside the top 2000 and im in the exact same situation. i will either bring in one of the 2 this week for sure. thommo is a jet and pendles is just so consistent, however, having swan means the bye will hurt. i think either one is a good pick. i am leaning towards pendles though because he is so consistent and for some reason thommo got 36 touches for like 126 points and something similar the week before for only 108. i think pendles is on the improve imo

thatguy

dont reckon rawlings will go to thompson. he plays half back now

someguy

Quote from: thatguy on June 01, 2011, 04:09:08 PM
dont reckon rawlings will go to thompson. he plays half back now

Yeh I wasn't sure what Rawlings role was this year as I hadn't seen any Roo's games. Any idea who is getting the tagging roles these days?