Unique Problem

Started by Chopps, May 31, 2011, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

hey need some help i have an issue where Matera is the only rookie i want to offload

my strategy is to double trade if all goes well to get a full team it has been going well i still need one maybe 2 upgrades to complete my team this is where you come in!!! - the two upgrades i think i need is stanley to someone, and wouldnt mind another premo forward which would bump one of higgins, knights or petrie as cover.

what would you do with the below team? no trades is a last resort, dont want to go down that path i am 344th and have alot of ground to make up so waiting doesnt work for overall or for my initial plan

Team
Backs
Gibbs, Goddard, Adcock, Deledio, Gram, Heppel, Stanley <Puopolo, Lower, Hibberd>
Mids
Pendles, Boyd, Swan, Mundy, Selwood, Montagna <swallow, Jacobs, Smith>
Rucks
Cox, Smith <Sandilands, Bailey>
Forwards
Franklin, Goodes, Chappy, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Higgins < Matera, Richardson, Mzungu>

i want a keeper on the bench in each spot right now that is Stanley/ Puopolo, Swallow and Mzungu

all my rookies have - be
Lower -14
Puopolo -12
Hibberd -41
Jacobs -45
Smith -76
Bailey -26
Mzungu -30
richarson is deadweight he isnt going anywhere

So what would you do??

Spite

Is Gram still out? Could be a problem in your backline then.

I don't know how much money you have left over, but if it's around 10k, you could possibly squeeze lower > thuoy (A carlton 92k back, i can't remember how to spell it, he has dominated VFL lately, so should get a call up with laidler out hopefully) and then stanely to scotland? (Or shaw, but I don't like shaw)

The money will be tight...

Chopps

i have 33 k

backlines if gram is out this week would be a little week

Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Stanley, lower Puopolo,

and if goddard misses i will be having issue plenty of playing rookies but they are just that rookies.

ok so backline upgrade it is!! but who scotland?

glam77

any thoughts of Broughton. Averaged about 90 the last 3 weeks. Break even only 22. Price $291k

crap idea? maybe there's a reason i'm ranked 21,000 ;D

Spite

Wait to see if goddards in, if he is, then I would probably grab Mr consistent in Scotland...
However, if Gram is still out, next week you could go gram > enright with remaining cash? Or is that pushing the bank?

Chopps

glam77 not a crap idea mate exactly why i am asking i want different ideas, we know he is capable i would want one more good score and probably have to sit and watch a freo game and ask someone one like Valk

so at this stage matera to ? and Stanley to scotland

Spite

I'd go lower to tohouy or matera to callinan (if you can still make the scotland trade)

Chopps

was thinking matera to callinan max cash :D plus got mzungu as cover for now.

who is tohouy and lower still has a bit of cash to make does he not?

Memphistopheles

Here's a different idea.

Sandilands ---> Tippett giving you a dpp with Petrie in your fowards and enough cash to upgrade anyone you like.

You will have enough ruck cover (in fact i'd start Petrie this week over Smith who plays Cox and Nic Nat and bring in Mzungu to start in forwards)

If you only make the one upgrade with the Sandi money then you can go Smith ----> Sandi when he returns.

Or if even if you upgrade two players you might be able to do it.

Otherwise to get Sandi back you can go Matera ---> Callinan and Sandi ---> Smith.

Assuming of course you can afford the trades.

Spite

Hey chopps, lower to christian howard next week? Listed as a back and was decent in his first game. Might be one to watch! 97k backman...

Chopps

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 01, 2011, 04:00:39 PM
Here's a different idea.

Sandilands ---> Tippett giving you a dpp with Petrie in your fowards and enough cash to upgrade anyone you like.

You will have enough ruck cover (in fact i'd start Petrie this week over Smith who plays Cox and Nic Nat and bring in Mzungu to start in forwards)

If you only make the one upgrade with the Sandi money then you can go Smith ----> Sandi when he returns.

Or if even if you upgrade two players you might be able to do it.

Otherwise to get Sandi back you can go Matera ---> Callinan and Sandi ---> Smith.

Assuming of course you can afford the trades.

Hadn't read your post when I put this, what do you think?

Quote from: Chopps on June 02, 2011, 08:04:52 AM
i need talking out of something!!!

why does this not make sense???

assuming fraser & matera dont play
fraser not playing is good for smith
matera not playing is good beacause i dont have to worry about him losing more cash and can offload him next week

Trade Sandilands to J.Tippet leaves me with 330,200
trade stanley (highest be) to Scotland  (stanley could be lower i guess)
money in the bank 194,000

next week
Lower to Thouy (gives me my first potential deadwood, iam cool with that)
Matera to Sylvia (i think)

leaves me with 136700 in the bank which would be more then enough to change smith back to sandilands or upgrade a dud.

it also gives me petrie as cover so two things can happen he can cover smith if need be and when swan is out for these 2 rounds i can play sylvia or chapman as a 6 th mid over swallow and have petrie up forward

Quote from: Spite on June 02, 2011, 12:52:24 AM
Hey chopps, lower to christian howard next week? Listed as a back and was decent in his first game. Might be one to watch! 97k backman...

Cheers thouy and Howard on watchlist

Memphistopheles

I like that plan Chopps. although i'd be inclined to go Howard over Touhey for the back downgrade.

Chopps

Yea me too gonna do the maths to get Scotland/ sylvia tippet a different way leaving prems in I think it actually uses 6 trades not 5 and less cover but gonna check anyways