Last Midfield Upgrade

Started by glynman90, May 31, 2011, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should I get for my final midfield spot?

Murphy
Thompson
Mundy
Ablett
Other (let me know who)

glynman90

Going for my last midfield upgrade this week and can afford anyone. Already have Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood and Montagna so this is the final spot. Obviously Murphy is looking great but is he worth his price and will he soon get the number 1 tag over Judd?

Slap

I think I read you were well placed overall lsat night.. SO i'm presuming your going for the overall win.  Cant argue with Murph here.

He is in a winning team which should help his consistency a little more than the others.  If going for a eague, Mundy is a solid pick,  esp without the league byes.

Ziplock

Yes worth his price, no Judd will always be no.1 tag. That being said, a smart coach may give murphy the tag purely on the basis that judd is a better player and a tag will have less effect on him, while it could seriously limit murphy.

JT23

Yeah Judd will be getting the number 1 tag always. Murphy is a solid option but seriously dude have you thought about getting Hodge? If he hits that form like the last 2 seasons then he will be ranked top 5 easily.. I got on the band wagon last week but I do already have Selwood, Montagna, Murphy, Swan and Pendles

glynman90

Ok I added an extra category for wildcards like Hodge.

Wes Mantooth

yeah murph is killing it but what about in round 23 with the bye? sub him and hope for the best...?
bringing in murph is a two trade DEAL i think... thomo is capable of some big scores...hodge a possibility with the hawks going crazy in possession count but you dont want too many of them out in round 17

glynman90

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 31, 2011, 02:58:22 PM
yeah murph is killing it but what about in round 23 with the bye? sub him and hope for the best...?

If I have a spare trade I'll probably sideways trade him but otherwise I'm not too worried about it because the other teams in my main league aren't great.

JT23

new catorgory? I voted murphy but would like to change to Hodge lol  8)

Slap

I do not understand why you'd pick Hodge ahead of the others.  Sure he looks good now, and has an ok lineup, but that doesnt mean forget about his average scores up until now (when the other players have been pumping out 100+ games consistently).  His injury could easily come back..  Whereas the others don't actually have any niggles at all.  Will Hodge get rested?  Who knows.

But seriously, getting Hodge and hoping his form continues, instead of getting in Murph/Thompson etc.. who have been playing well and injury free ALL season is a bit silly in my eyes.

that being said, it could be a risk that pays off for owners.

Chopps

get murphy, i got mundy a few weeks back as my last and probably rather murphy now