Last Week hodge wasn't worthy of a midfield spot, this week you've all changed!

Started by AlexIsOnFire, May 31, 2011, 09:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexIsOnFire

Everyones jumping on the bandwagon now when he was written off 1-2 weeks ago as not being worthy for a mid spot.

Funny how things change.....

ossie85

This is true Alex! Opinions are fickle

For the record, Hodge was never written off by me :)

Hawkahh

Hodgey has been in my team since round 8 and has giving me an average of 129 since he came in :-D what a champ.. when firing he is one of the xomps elite

Fireballz

Quote from: ossie85 on May 31, 2011, 09:50:59 AM

This is true Alex! Opinions are fickle

For the record, Hodge was never written off by me :)
Same! I brought Hodge in 2 weeks ago coz he lights up my life. I was just waiting for his price to bottom out and his form to improve and then he was always going to be in my team. i suspect more people would be interested if he was MPP like last year...

lasonjin

Quote from: Fireballz on May 31, 2011, 10:11:11 AM
i suspect more people would be interested if he was MPP like last year...

Strong this. If he was defender-eligible as well, then yeah, he probably would have made it last week or the week before.

I don't think it's that people were writing him off, they were just wary of what might happen if they traded him in considering his pre-season injury. But now that it seems he's come good, everyone wants him in, really it's just smart DT-ing.

Hirdy005

Yep got him in 2 weeks ago when he bottomed out, been great the last 2 weeks.

People get a thing about only having the best players in their position (i.e the top 7 defender and forward, top 6 mids) but you got to pick up the bargains when they come up like Lenny Hayes last year and hopefully hodgey 2 weeks ago.

For the people who are thinking about trading him in, i think the horse has bolted. Better off taking the risk on Bartel in a few weeks could drop to under 340k, Brent Stanton is another one that could be worth a look set to lose more money and wont get much attention when Jobe returns

yorgis

i think you'll find that most people had'nt actually written off hodgy, but were wary of getting him. he had very mediocre scores b4 his bye and got 2 100's since. i personally was waiting to see if he scored well last weekend b4 i got him in. looks like he HAS gotten over his foot injury, or is managing it very well.

FLOPITOUT1

I havent jumped on, i have Mitchell and Shiels already so it wasn't like i was gonna put him in anyway. At the time i did think it was a dodgy move but so far so good. Good pickup

Slap

exactly so far so good.. hard to completely commenton this considering he has another 10+ rounds to play.

Ziplock

well, he really needed to prove himself again. That being said, 5-6 midfielder at most.

Chopps

browny_wce

just wish he was still back/mid  :'(
he would have been straight in
imagine him and James Kelly back there!!