Ill probably be sentenced to firing squad but i just traded in broughton

Started by Montag, May 30, 2011, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montag

he has played 3 good rounds and 120 in losing side. he is back guys you just dont have the balls to trade him in

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: hardnut on May 30, 2011, 10:07:46 PM
trading before teams = firing squad regardless of target, made even worse by getting Broughton.. :P

+1

and you dont have the brains to be patient.

hardnut

we're not obliged to agree with you Montags. I think it's a terrible trade, when Freo get some players back he'll be back doing a defensive job with a cog next to his name. Harvey has shown his hand and Broughton is NOT part of their best midfield, once Barlow is back he'll be even further away. Enjoy the short term gain and long term pain...

antonc

Fireballz

I'm just adding my voice to the chorus of people calling you foolish for a) the timing of this trade, and b) the trade itself.

If it works out well though I'm sure there'll be multiple threads about it...  ???

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Fireballz on June 01, 2011, 01:06:20 AM
I'm just adding my voice to the chorus of people calling you foolish for a) the timing of this trade, and b) the trade itself.

If it works out well though I'm sure there'll be multiple threads about it...  ???

as there were with (insert any player who did well for a week from his team here)

Alka

Quote from: hardnut on May 31, 2011, 11:08:06 PM
we're not obliged to agree with you Montags. I think it's a terrible trade, when Freo get some players back he'll be back doing a defensive job with a cog next to his name. Harvey has shown his hand and Broughton is NOT part of their best midfield, once Barlow is back he'll be even further away. Enjoy the short term gain and long term pain...

+1

He will enjoy a short term spurt of high DT scores and then be back to his old role.
I traded out Duffield (so the same thing) weeks ago and haven't looked back.

chaser

Quote from: Alka on June 01, 2011, 01:26:24 AM

+1

He will enjoy a short term spurt of high DT scores and then be back to his old role.

His old role? His old role gave him 90+ scores on a regualar basis, over the past 2 seasons? And Harvey said a few weeks ago in West Australian Times that Broughton's role hasn't changed at all. He had an injury setback, as well as a poor pre season with justifies his poor scoring. The only players too come back(in the defensive half) are Silvagni and maybe Faulks. I very much doubt that Harvey will give them attacking roles at the expense of Broughton

chaser

I
Quote from: chaser on June 01, 2011, 06:07:31 PM

+1

His old role? His old role gave him 90+ scores on a regualar basis, over the past 2 seasons? And Harvey said a few weeks ago in West Australian Times that Broughton's role hasn't changed at all. He had an injury setback, as well as a poor pre season with justifies his poor scoring. The only players too come back(in the defensive half) are Silvagni and maybe Faulks. I very much doubt that Harvey will give them attacking roles at the expense of Broughton

I forgot R Hayden, but he's been a low scoring back pocket his entire career

plugz19

definately considering broughton right now..
need to take a risk to boost the overall ranking

Davoo

mate, hope it pays off for you but hes not coming back in to my team unless he has 5 of them in a row.

Ziplock

Quote from: chaser on June 01, 2011, 06:07:31 PM

+1

When they say old role, they mean the role he played when freo was winning games.

Just fyi.

SydneyRox

That means his old role is a few weeks away. With Sandi out and Pav on one leg, Freo are going to struggle to win something over the next month