THE ROCK?

Started by wcarey, May 30, 2011, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcarey

Anyone know whether Rockliff is back this week? Brisbane locals?

Slap

i expected redden to dominate when rocky was out.. wasn't the case.  Hopefully rock misses another week and redden shreds.

Last week he was expected to miss a couple weeks, so going on that I'd say another week.  But all players wanna get back early, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

wcarey

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 09:17:01 PM
i expected redden to dominate when rocky was out.. wasn't the case.  Hopefully rock misses another week and redden shreds.

dont say that. i need him for a crucial league game this week  :o

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 09:17:01 PM

Last week he was expected to miss a couple weeks, so going on that I'd say another week.  But all players wanna get back early, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

haha same Slap...Redden was fairly quiet last weekend.

Nails

Redden is best against quality opposition as they gather a lot of the ball and he registers a lot of tackles.

Beating the Crows is a piece of piss for the Mighty Lions, therefore not really a game I expected him to go big. This week against the tackle and close contested footy giants that are the Swans Redden should knock up ~220 dream team points imo.

wcarey

i don't think rockliff being in effects reddens score. midfields like geelong and collingwood regularly have 3-4 midfielders scoring 100+

Ziplock

midfields like geelong and collingwood  aren't playing in a bottom 8 team...

Slap

Quote from: Ziplock on May 30, 2011, 10:55:02 PM

+1.  Similar to Thompson of Adelaide.  There are players in bottom 8 teams, that the team looks to give the ball at every opportunity. 

Ziplock

^ or even swallow in north. Issue is, poor teams don't have the possession rate the good ones do. They'll look to their better players aye, but there's only so much the pill can get shared around in poor teams. It appears brisbane look to rocky before redden.

Slap

Quote from: Ziplock on May 30, 2011, 11:06:20 PM
^ or even swallow in north. Issue is, poor teams don't have the possession rate the good ones do. They'll look to their better players aye, but there's only so much the pill can get shared around in poor teams. It appears brisbane look to rocky before redden.

I picked redden over rockliff, because rockys big scores include goals.  Reddens include tackles.  The last few weeks redden hasn't been taking marks which has hurt.  Looking for him to hopefully push back up to that 115 zone.  that would be ideal.. otherwise I'm stuck with a 95-100 ave.

Or it could plummet to an 75 -80 ave... but we wont even think of that.

wcarey

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 11:00:14 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 30, 2011, 10:55:02 PM

+1.  Similar to Thompson of Adelaide.  There are players in bottom 8 teams, that the team looks to give the ball at every opportunity. 

Based on this years scores below you couldnt say that redden scores crap when rockliff plays. Plus, Rockliff was heading for 100 in that last game when he got injured. Don't have to be a gun side to have 2 mids regularly scoring 100+

ROCK-94   91   134       106   132   86   117   59(injured just after half time)
REDD-112   82   119       138   131   64   75   119   95

Slap

No, we are not saying that at all.

We were saying, we were just hoping that it'd be higher without him there.  but it wasn't.