I really want Sandi out

Started by Holz, May 30, 2011, 05:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I have abit of a problem with my team as i essentially have 8 forwards and only 5 mids. I have been recently shooting up the ranking i think up nearly 6000 places up to just outside the top 3000 so i though why not go for broke and i try and make the top 1000. Getting out Sandi will

My current line-up is

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Stanley (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Higgins (Bewick, Hibberd, Harris)
Cox,Smith (Sandilands, tippet)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Didak (Mzungu, Richardson, I.Smith)

i was thinking why not get rid of sandi, i can solve the problem of 8 forwards by putting petrie in the ruck as he is averging pretty decent, plus sandi is likley out for 3+ and his average might drop slightly in his first few games back. This would leave me with heaps of cash and i can go Harris to Hodge and in a few weeks i can go knights to Sylvia and  Stanley to Shaw (after bye)  aSyliva.

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Shaw (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Hodge (Bewick, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Cox, Petrie (Bailey, Smith)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Higgins, Didak (Mzungu, Richardson, Tippet)

leaving me with 6 trades but a team full of premiums with Heppel, Didak and Petrie as the only questionable picks but with heaps of MPP and guys like Pup, Jacobs, Hibberd, Bewick, Mzungu,Smith on the bench i have very good cover. If i have more than 5 LTIs i will be in trouble, but with only Curnow, Sandi, Higgins and Grimes as my only injuries this year im feeling like i should be able to make it through, from round 14 onwards

Nails

6 trades with that on the bench... hmmm

if Didak scores 90+ this week, I should end up with ~6 trades around round 14 with Fyfe/Sylvia/Chapman in the mids, swapped into forwards resulting in someone like Knights/Nick Voldt on the bench :o

Suffice to say, I think 6 trades is enough.

Windigo

I tip Sandi for a swift recovery...Sooner than expected...........

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2011, 05:14:04 PM
I tip Sandi for a swift recovery...Sooner than expected...........

im worried that freo will bring him in earlier than the 4 weeks as they really need him, im not sure if he will come back in a week or 2 and start samshing out 100s or they bring him back early and he scores around the same a petrie, in that case the trade is the better thing to do. At this stage the double trade means is it worth double trading to have hodge/pendels/murphy  playing instead of smith (if Fraser is back it probably is)

Nails

Sandi = slow recovery.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, the longer it takes them to return to AFL football. (as the saying goes)

He had a little foot problem last year that kept him out for what 3 weeks wasn't it last year? When it was only meant to be like 1 week?

Sandi = zzzzz at recovering.

Holz

I think i will get in pendles this week instead of hodge as i should be about to easily cover my 3 collngwood guys.

Spite

Or you can not do it this week because you are playing me :P

Holz

Quote from: Spite on May 30, 2011, 05:28:37 PM
Or you can not do it this week because you are playing me :P

surely you don't mind an extra little bit of competition ;)

Swallow12

I did it last week, doubt he will be back early

yorgis

sandi can wear amoon boot and have a walking stick and he would still win the rucks. he does'nt have to jump very hard. hope he does come back sooner rather than later. having all that cash sitting on the bench and wanting to upgrade your side is not good

Holz

if josh fraser is comes back in than it will be the easy choice to downgrade sandi as im not confident in starting smith for 3-4 weeks with fraser in the team. If sandi does come out and start smashing it and petrie reverts back to some 60 scores than i can simply trade back up to sandi from petrie

antonc

Go for it holz. You will have a gun team if you do it and have an advantage over the people who keep him on the bench

Chopps

i like this thinking only good if fraser doesnt play

elephants

I'm doing this too holz. We really should have done it last week. I'll have 8 trades left after my team is fully upgraded.

lids-fan

Keep in mind Sandi has a bye in round 16 as well so thats another game without him