Stevie J

Started by BillMurray, May 30, 2011, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I had Stevie J from the start as well.

Mantooth, time to look at the future. Don't worry about was has transpired in the past.....171 last week.......

But if you already have Fyfe, get on Stevie J or Chappy.

Getting in Chappy this week.  :D

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2011, 08:07:56 PM
I had Stevie J from the start as well.

Mantooth, time to look at the future. Don't worry about was has transpired in the past.....171 last week.......

But if you already have Fyfe, get on Stevie J or Chappy.

Getting in Chappy this week.  :D

why not sylvia then?

Windigo

Quotewhy not sylvia then?

I have Sylvia.  ;)

Sylvia is much like Pav & Stevie J.

Will get you that 90-100 points a game and a odd eXplosion.

Chappy is just dominant.  ;)

Wes Mantooth

hmmm it all seems fraught with danger!

Slap

A bit wishy washy.  Everyone is just hoping they don't get injured hence the positive attitudes.  As an owner of none of these players (syliva/Stevie/Chap) I consider durability to be a very relevant issue.  Hard to look into the future Windigo with extreme optimism when there are track historys like those Mantooth provided us with. 

Out of the three, I'd go stevie.  He looks in good shape and a more consistent ball winner.  The goals were always there for stevie, but now he is hitting 25+ disposals a game.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 09:21:08 PM
A bit wishy washy.  Everyone is just hoping they don't get injured hence the positive attitudes.  As an owner of none of these players (syliva/Stevie/Chap) I consider durability to be a very relevant issue.  Hard to look into the future Windigo with extreme optimism when there are track historys like those Mantooth provided us with. 

Out of the three, I'd go stevie.  He looks in good shape and a more consistent ball winner.  The goals were always there for stevie, but now he is hitting 25+ disposals a game.

agreed, that was my reasoning last week... this week it'll cost me an extra 24K to do it.... gee buzz.

Windigo

Meh. Bring it on. After my trades I'll have all 3 players with 'bad track records."

I'm looking at their scoring track records and they are great.  8)

Nails

It's all good and well to be worried about "poor track records"

Except when these "poor track records" are averaging plenty more than all the other forwards in the competition. The extra points you gain plus playing Mzungu for a solid 70-80 easily outweighs playing it safe and picking someone like Pav who's going to average ~8 ppg less IMO.

You want your premiums to be premium if you're unlucky enough for one to come down injured, cover with quality options and if it's a LTI, they're the most expensive so you can get anyone you want.

Windigo

QuoteIt's all good and well to be worried about "poor track records"

Except when these "poor track records" are averaging plenty more than all the other forwards in the competition. The extra points you gain plus playing Mzungu for a solid 70-80 easily outweighs playing it safe and picking someone like Pav who's going to average ~8 ppg less IMO.

You want your premiums to be premium if you're unlucky enough for one to come down injured, cover with quality options and if it's a LTI, they're the most expensive so you can get anyone you want.

YEAH! Exactly what I said here:

QuoteI'm looking at their scoring track records and they are great.

......Only Nails' speech was better than mine.   ::)

Slap

I never said once not to get them, nor that they aren't well and truly doing their jobs.  So don't get your knickers in a twist.

I actually plan on bring in a key fwd this week.  Just tossing up between these three and Pav.  Pav being the more consistent, less injured player - but also doesnt have that super X factor capable of 171 scores.

BillMurray

Good to see some thorough investigation for the topic, cheers guys

Yeah I think Slap's comments are very valid; with Stevie J getting so much more mid time even if he only kicks a goal or two he's now gathering way more stats so his lower ceiling is improving (80 range compared to 50's) and his high ceiling is reaching exponential heights. Just imagine if Buddy, Sylvia & Stevie J can fire in the same week  8)

Slap

Quote from: BillMurray on May 30, 2011, 11:34:15 PM

Yeah I think Slap's comments are very valid; with Stevie J getting so much more mid time even if he only kicks a goal or two he's now gathering way more stats so his lower ceiling is improving (80 range compared to 50's) and his high ceiling is reaching exponential heights. Just imagine if Buddy, Sylvia & Stevie J can fire in the same week  8)

hearing people appreciate your views makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  8)

BillMurray

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: BillMurray on May 30, 2011, 11:34:15 PM

hearing people appreciate your views makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  8)

my pleasure haha  ;)

bundyboy

yes - Stevie J just put a whole new spin on things after 171...

one was coming in this week - and chappy was the clear winner as of last week - but now.......which one....??

crap....hate it when the plan gets tangled up with more good options...

Slap

Quote from: bundyboy on May 30, 2011, 11:41:26 PM
yes - Stevie J just put a whole new spin on things after 171...

one was coming in this week - and chappy was the clear winner as of last week - but now.......which one....??

crap....hate it when the plan gets tangled up with more good options...

chap wont dissapoint, whether you want to risk stevie or not.