Dale Thomas

Started by PowerBug, May 30, 2011, 10:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

What does everyone think of Dale Thomas. Is he worth the risk? Ziplock, have you changed your mind yet, last week you said Pendles and Swan over him, but he averages 104.56 at a price of $406400

Bak2Form

good unique, better if he was in the fwd line ;)
id still have pendles over him, im getting him this week

dale93

Quote from: Bak2Form on May 30, 2011, 11:16:31 AM
good unique, better if he was in the fwd line ;)
id still have pendles over him, im getting him this week

Exactly the same and will have a field day against the saints under lights :)

Ziplock

Swan's carry a niggle atm hence the depreciated scoring, but I presume you have him already in anycase. Pendles over thomas still.

PowerBug

No i don't have him, unfortunately. But he'll be in before pendlebury or swan if you want a pie midfielder.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on May 30, 2011, 12:46:55 PM
No i don't have him, unfortunately. But he'll be in before pendlebury or swan if you want a pie midfielder.

A lot of Redden's scoring involves the opposition having the ball so he can rack up the tackles...

Adelaide are too shower to touch the ball against the Mighty Lions, especially in the 2nd half. Therefore missed out on the ton. Up against the Swans this week (over 9,000 tackles) he should score big.

Slap

He'd be an absolute lock if he was in teh fwds.  But as someone above said, I'd rather the Boyd's, Pendles, Selwoods etc in my mids as opposed to daisy. 

Good unique though!  And surprisingly has racked up 130 odd games aswell (according to FF - but I think they include pre season, but still a very good effort for a skinny young kid!!).

thatguy

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 01:03:39 PM
He'd be an absolute lock if he was in teh fwds.  But as someone above said, I'd rather the Boyd's, Pendles, Selwoods etc in my mids as opposed to daisy. 

Good unique though!  And surprisingly has racked up 130 odd games aswell (according to FF - but I think they include pre season, but still a very good effort for a skinny young kid!!).
exactly. i cant fit him in my best 6 mids

browny_wce

imagine if he was still a fwd/mid mpp!! he'd be great in your side then!
same as if James Kelly was still a back/mid mpp

the top guys at AFL dream team stuffed this one up for us all big time!

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: browny_wce on May 30, 2011, 02:54:00 PM

you gotta wonder about those guys at VS

Macman5005

Thomas has really turned it around in the last year or so. He is now getting close to midfield elite, while he is unique it probably isn't the best time to pick him up after a couple of significant price rises. Agree with the MPP calls, it would make him a lock if he was.

Chelskiman

And Hodge. :(

Nails

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 30, 2011, 03:58:44 PM

And Hodge. :(

It's good that they did this.

Every team already has Swan, Goddard, N. Voldt, Gibbs, Deledio, everyone wants to get Chapman (thanks to MPP)...

Imagine if everyone also had Kelly, Hodge and Thomas...

how boring.

Chelskiman

Of course.  But with the lack of premiums down back he would have been very handy.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 30, 2011, 04:50:34 PM
Of course.  But with the lack of premiums down back he would have been very handy.

+1

the backs are looking like that abandoned car you see in a paddock