My Alan Didak Plan... Please rate it :o

Started by Nails, May 30, 2011, 03:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Okay so my rucks:

Cox, Smith, Vickery and Keeffe

Forwards:

Franklin, Stevie J, Goodes, N. Voldt, Knights, Petrie, Higgins (Matera, Dixon, Mzungu/I.Smith)

now I have 18.4K in the bank and 11 trades...

No trades for this week

And then

Didak at 280k with a BE of 98. Therefore I was thinking... if Didak knocks out a 90+ that'll be 30 in little more than a quarter after he started sub, a solid 91 and a 90+ this week for me to trade him in.

Zac Smith should be ~300K therefore enabling me to go Zac Smith - J. Tippett and pocketing $186K + 18K in bank = $204k total

Then Petrie > 2nd Ruck

one trade left that week I'd go Matera at ~$198K > Didak at $280k = $122K left over

and then Stanley/Lower will be ~280K (with a bit of luck) enabling me to get ANY backman pretty much and make 2 upgrade from 1 downgrade...

Genius trade or fail trade or acceptable trade?

Slap

it leaves your ruck dept very thin.

But you gotta count the points you expect to gain in the backs and fwds, compared to the points you'll lose in the rucks.

Nails

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 03:50:30 AM
it leaves your ruck dept very thin.

But you gotta count the points you expect to gain in the backs and fwds, compared to the points you'll lose in the rucks.

Petrie is averaging 90 this year, including his first 2 games where he got ~60 cause he was just coming back from injury

Therefore if you count them as "coming back from injury" and don't count them in his average, makes Petrie averaging 99.66

Therefore very solid 2nd ruck and with Vickery solid 3rd ruck (albeit expensive) plenty of cover in rucks and a potential truck load of points rolling in from TWO upgrades.

I'd get Didak (if 90+ this week) AND probably Suckling.

Slap

sorry, neglected the MPP with petrie opportunity.  :-[

Nails

Quote from: Slap on May 30, 2011, 03:58:58 AM
sorry, neglected the MPP with petrie opportunity.  :-[

My fault, not yours...

I should have included it with the plan as it's the basis of the ENTIRE plan really. lol.

What do you think with that in mind?

Slap

Im extremely tired, so I could be wrong.  But it seems solid.  That's if your sure that Didak is on the up and its a risk your willing to take.  If didak hit some more 60's your gonna regret this big time.

If you only have 11 trades, sure you want to make the most of them, but you also want to get injury-free, proven guns.
ATM, i wouldn't classify Didak as either of those.  Don't get me wrong, I am very interested in Didak and it could be a very good buy.  But I'm trying to keep my risks to a minimum from now on in, and for me, that eliminates Didak from any of my equations... for now.

sid3bysid3

Didak posted an 80 and 90 consecutively in rd 3,4

So he scored ok early. I think his scores are down due to fitness and his injury albeit shoulder, takes a long time to heal.

Yesterday was the first game he has played without strapping it. He ran harder than I've seen all year which suggests his improving. Another week will serve you well.

Think he could begin to knock out tonnes

AlexIsOnFire

Sideways Krak to Didak..... So much easier.. Oh yeah

dale93

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 30, 2011, 11:46:57 AM

Big game from Krak in the next to week then 2 quiet ones from Didiak then a straight swap after the bye :)

Nails

Quote from: dale93 on May 30, 2011, 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 30, 2011, 11:46:57 AM

Big game from Krak in the next to week then 2 quiet ones from Didiak then a straight swap after the bye :)

Outed Krak like 5 weeks ago when he got dropped lol.

If I got Didak + Suckling from this...

I'm happy to leave myself 6 trades for remaining 10 rounds (not going to bother trading bye players during finals)

I'd be able to have someone like Heath Scotland sitting on mid bench and then swapped into backline putting like Fisher on the bench because I'd have one extra gun.

Nails

Windigo

Nails

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2011, 05:26:08 PM
11 trades?

That's how many I have right now...

Zac Smith > J. Tippett = 10
Matera > Didak = 9
Stanley/Lower/Puopolo > Suckling = 8
*full premo team*

and if I want...

rookie x > bubble boy = 7
hibberd/jacobs/mzungu/isaac smith > Chapman/Fyfe/Sylvia = 6 trades left and enable me to have a spare MPP premo on bench.

FLOPITOUT1

Sounds like a plan  ;) i like the Petrie idea wish i had of put him in when he was on the bubble  :'(

Windigo

You'll be a little to chance with 6 trades. Not saying it's bad or anything.

Just not what I would do.

If I do my plan, I'll have 13 trades for like 10 weeks.