Best Defender Money can buy>??

Started by Chopps, May 30, 2011, 12:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

want to know what the best defender is & why money is not a factor, i am thinking Scotland very consistent

current line up
Adcock, Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Gram, Heppel, Stanley, <lower, Poupolo, Jacobs>

Sleeken

I'd go Shaw or Suckling, who have both been very consistent. Shaw rebounds from defense, runs up the ground a fair bit.

I wouldn't want 2 from Carlton because of the rd 23 bye but if that doesn't bother you...

LF

i was looking at scotland but having him and gibbs together with carltons bye in round 23 i`ve decide to look elsewhere.

Chopps

i was thinking that but he is Dpp just slide him to the mids for cover should be fine only 2 out

Sleeken

If you have no Carlton mids then go for it!

Still, on personal preference (and price) I'd take Shaw.

Chopps

really why?

also i'd have to wait on shaw as i have pendles and swan

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Chopps on May 30, 2011, 12:41:48 AM
really why?

shaw has been gunning it. is there any hurry to get him - there's only a couple of round before col bye

Sleeken

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 30, 2011, 12:48:40 AM
really why?

shaw has been gunning it. is there any hurry to get him - there's only a couple of round before col bye

This and he's 20k cheaper, should average the same. Also, I have a tendancy against selecting two players from the same team in the same line in case their team get belted, which doesn't really hold much ground in AFL (many years of fantasy premierleague).

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Sleeken on May 30, 2011, 01:05:33 AM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 30, 2011, 12:48:40 AM
really why?

This and he's 20k cheaper, should average the same. Also, I have a tendancy against selecting two players from the same team in the same line in case their team get belted, which doesn't really hold much ground in AFL (many years of fantasy premierleague).

yeah but this year having too many of one team can get you in trouble with a bye and one injury. its good practice so it does hold sway IMO

Chopps

I would argue if done right 2 from one line is worth it set you apart as others dont want to risk it, I started pendles and swan seems to. Be goin well 110 +  Averages

My argument to Gibbs & Scotland both mpp so I can change 1 to mids effectively having one on each line by rd23 plan is Heppel is my 8 th back, this is realistic as apart from lti's I would say my team is complete with this double only rookie playing (not covering) byes is Heppel

Wes Mantooth

i have murphy, so this would be one too many out for me

Footy God

jvalles

I called Birchall last week and I still stand by it!  I'd have got him except I want to finish my midfield this week and needed to downgrade last week.