This Weeks double trades....heres mine, what are yours??

Started by nostradamus, May 29, 2011, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I.Smith should come in.

Shoe-makers was making some terrible blunders and their is a few players that I wouldn't put ahead of Smith.

But if he ain't named....Callinan.

Contemplating getting him now.

nostradamus

Quote from: matt1985 on May 30, 2011, 10:06:59 PM
Can you see I.Smith getting more games this year? I'm going to downgrade Matera this week and just looking at my options. I don't mind waiting for Callinan to come back. I have heard he is going to be a good player. I'm not really looking for cash cows now, just some good players that will play for bench cover.

Thats really the key question.......personally l think smiths JS is shaky at the hawks......if he played for a team like adelaide he'd play week in week out

As for callinan, if/when he gets a game, he'll need to play well, and if he does will be a regular IMO

matt1985

Well if Smith is named this week I might jump on him! He is stranded on 2 games isn't he? If he isn't named, i'll just jump on Callinan and wait it out till he debuts.

nostradamus

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 30, 2011, 10:08:19 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on May 30, 2011, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 30, 2011, 09:47:06 PM
Tapsott or Krak to Mzungu and Cotchin to Selwood i think

tapscott IMO
Did you notice krak iced up on the bench at the end of the game vs wc, any news on that or was it just a corkie or something ?

yeah, it happened when he backed back into a pack and was crunched by cloke......think he'll b ok, but injuries should b out tmora so we'll know then

.....but coaches love players who do that.....so he's probably added to his JS by doing it

Windigo

Looking like I'll get Callinan.

It's not like I need him to play or cover any time soon.

Mzungu & Harper can cover and can easily swap for Prestia.

Might get him.....

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: nostradamus on May 30, 2011, 10:20:21 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 30, 2011, 10:08:19 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on May 30, 2011, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 30, 2011, 09:47:06 PM
Tapsott or Krak to Mzungu and Cotchin to Selwood i think

tapscott IMO
Did you notice krak iced up on the bench at the end of the game vs wc, any news on that or was it just a corkie or something ?

yeah, it happened when he backed back into a pack and was crunched by cloke......think he'll b ok, but injuries should b out tmora so we'll know then

.....but coaches love players who do that.....so he's probably added to his JS by doing it
Cheers

nostradamus

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2011, 10:20:56 PM

Might get him.....

check out the adelaide club site to see if theres any info there, or maybe start a thread to see if there are any adelaidonians who hav any inside goss

matt1985

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2011, 10:20:56 PM

Might get him.....

If it wasn't for his bloody bicep injury he would be playing all ready...

He and Mzungu were my forward rook's locked in at the start of the year until injury struck! So I think i'll stick to my original selections and go with him :)

nostradamus

......with my trades this week l was leaning towards getting ablett in, but as time goes by and the more l think about it, am thinking of gettting thmpson in

this would give me a midfield of...swan, pendles, boyd, selwood, montagna and thompson  :)

....thoughts??

someguy

Quote from: someguy on May 30, 2011, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: someguy on May 29, 2011, 10:44:33 PM
Probably only 1 trade this week Harris or Matera --> Mzungu

Had a quick rethink about my trades. I'm considering going:

Krak ---> Mzungu
Harris ---> Mitchell/Hodge/any mid under 390K

What are peoples thoughts? Mitchell or Hodge good enough as a 6th mid?

Changed my mind again lol. What do people think of this:

Knights ---> Mzungu
Harris ---> Thompson/Pendlebury

Really didnt wanted to get rid of Knights but it's the only way I can afford Thompson. This would make my mids and forwards look like:

Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Thompson/Pendlebury, Krakouer, Mzungu, (Iles, Bewick, Jacobs/Heppell)

Sylvia, Franklin, Chapman, Goodes, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Higgins, (Prestia, Matera, Richardson)

Chelskiman

Quote from: nostradamus on May 30, 2011, 10:29:45 PM
......with my trades this week l was leaning towards getting ablett in, but as time goes by and the more l think about it, am thinking of gettting thmpson in

this would give me a midfield of...swan, pendles, boyd, selwood, montagna and thompson  :)

....thoughts??

Looks great to me, mainly because that's how my mids should look in the next two rounds. :P

nostradamus

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 31, 2011, 03:25:38 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on May 30, 2011, 10:29:45 PM

....thoughts??

Looks great to me, mainly because that's how my mids should look in the next two rounds. :P

.......ur obviously a very intelligent bloke  ::)

Windigo

Changed my plan:

Matera>Callinan & Darling>Chappy+$117,700

Then next week I need Stanley to make $ 14,500 with B/E of 14/

Or I need Lower to make $ 27,000 with a B/E of -8.

Whoever gets me to $368,300 for Deledio will be going.

nostradamus

Quote from: Windigo on May 31, 2011, 07:40:14 PM
Changed my plan:

Matera>Callinan & Darling>Chappy+$117,700

Then next week I need Stanley to make $ 14,500 with B/E of 14/

Or I need Lower to make $ 27,000 with a B/E of -8.

Whoever gets me to $368,300 for Deledio will be going.

all sounds pretty solid IMO

.....if both stanley and lower go up in value as much as u want, which would you prefer to keep, and do you think either will be a 7th keeper??

Windigo

Quoteif both stanley and lower go up in value as much as u want, which would you prefer to keep, and do you think either will be a 7th keeper??

This is the problem I'm hoping doesn't arise.

Stanley would be my choice to stay because he looks consistent thus far. But If the opportunity to get Deledio presents itself I won't hesitate in getting him in.

FWDS: Sylvia, Franklin, Stevie J, Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Higgins & Petrie.

BACKS: Goddard, Adcock, Suckling, Deledio, Gibbs, Heppell & Lower/Jacobs/Puo

13 trades after that. So I'm pretty set for the next half of the season. My mids have been settled for 5 weeks now. I wouldn't call 'em the best of the best, but this is where I like getting some unique's in. Paid off great so far.  ;)