Bartel?

Started by worldbeater21, May 28, 2011, 11:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldbeater21

Are the days of quality Jim Bob behind him. Just isnt dominating like he used to. Do we think hes finished as a Premium, or is it just a really bad form slump?

Rated_RKO

bad form slump... and not enough time in the midfield this year

supercoach addict

just being used in a bad position

he'll still average 100 but probably wont be up at dane swan level or anything ever again

RiOtChEsS

usually has one to two stinkers in a year but flowering back to back in that HF role is ???

LaHug

Geelong are rotating heaps of players through the midfield meaning less time for him. Take Stevie J, for example. He's playing a lot of midfield and Bartel's scores are suffering because of it. If Geelong continues to rotate people through, Bartel may well have lost his premium status; especially with how useful he's been up forward.

BillMurray

The problem as well is that their midfield doesn't seem any weaker or vulnerable not having him around the contests as Kelly basically does it all instead. Feels so strange not seeing those typical +6, +4 stats alongside his name during the match.... :'(

TMurphBROWNLOW

bartel -> pendlebury this week? or should i just get some sleep before posting such stupid things  ::)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 29, 2011, 02:15:35 AM
bartel -> pendlebury this week? or should i just get some sleep before posting such stupid things  ::)
always sleep on it... in fact sleep on it aslong as u can :D gotta keep him imo...

AlexIsOnFire

I was at the game, spent lots of time in the fwd line, and still looks hampered by that elbow.

I'd steer clear despite the cheap price, his
100+ days are over.

thatguy

i doubt his elbow is an issue. his role has changed and too much time at HF when the ball is being directed to SJ and ipod is killing him.

even when he went across half back he couldnt get into the game.

his tackling and marking no.s have dropped, resulting in real poor scores.

cant believe chappy had 26 at half time and smashed him.

i will keep bartel for now but if this continues come finals he is gone

KBcokebotl

i have him too, worst part of that 67 was he was named 2nd in geelongs best players
probably meaning hes playing a role 4 the team, and the coach is happy = more low scores

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: KBcokebotl on May 29, 2011, 10:30:32 AM
i have him too, worst part of that 67 was he was named 2nd in geelongs best players
probably meaning hes playing a role 4 the team, and the coach is happy = more low scores

hardnut

it's a tough one for owners but I think there is enough exposed form now to confirm he is not going to eb a premium mid in 2011. He's unlikely to be the most pressing issue in most teams but I think an upgrade (to Selwood) is required and is an instant 30-40 ppg

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: hardnut on May 29, 2011, 10:52:36 AM
it's a tough one for owners but I think there is enough exposed form now to confirm he is not going to eb a premium mid in 2011. He's unlikely to be the most pressing issue in most teams but I think an upgrade (to Selwood) is required and is an instant 30-40 ppg

a swap to pendlebury or swan would be more $$$ saving than Selwood ATM.

Bluke

Yes but it would be stupid to get Pendles or Swan before their second bye.