Main Menu

Dare To dream

Started by bunyip, May 27, 2011, 03:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

I think it's fair to say that the cats have surprised a few fans this season, including me. So the question has to be asked, what is motivating the players to perform at such a high standard so far this season? A lot of players may have been tempted to sit back and either retire or coast along saying it's been a great ride, but it's over now.
Here is what I think. It REALLY pisses some of them off, knowing that after all they have achieved, they are STILL not the best Geelong side ever.
The current Geelong players are the most competative and proud group of players I have ever seen. When they run out onto the ground this season, they aren't playing Collingwood or Melbourne or Essendon, they are playing another Geelong team from 60 years ago, and they won't be satisfied until they beat them. Guess what they have to do to win.

Wes Mantooth

I dont know, I think it has a lot to do with Bomber (although not said) "im done here" and Gary saying "im done here". The rest of the players have said we're not done... and the expectation they'd fall in a heap.

A new coach also brings a fresh feeling too. But come the later part of the season, that freshness is going to be crucial for this ageing side. They do have the wood over Collingwood IMO... they are their nemesis, so if they can avoid what happened last year and meet the Pies in the GF, they can do it.

bunyip

You're right Wes, there is a freshness and re-invigoration about the club this season. They are handling the team really well this season so hopefully come finals we will be ready.