3 Higgins Options

Started by glynman90, May 27, 2011, 03:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one should I do?

Keep him (he's playing anyway)
Upgrade him to Fyfe
Swap him into the mids for Smith then upgrade him to any midfielder (thus finishing my mids)

glynman90

Ok I have already traded Otten to Jacobs this week so I have 1 trade left. I'm currently leaning towards keeping him but it is tempting to finish my mids leaving me with Swan, Boyd, Pendles, Montags, Selwood and another (probably Murphy).

Windigo

I'm keeping him.

This is really a knee jerk reaction from a lot of coaches.

If you held him whilst he was out. Then why oust when he is playing?  ???

HTL

Quote from: Windigo on May 27, 2011, 03:22:42 PM
I'm keeping him.

Me too, hoping it'll pay off.

He's price this after this week is going to drop heaps so if your going to trading now is the time otherwise hold on for a bumpy ride.

yorgis

i've waited for him to come back, so i ain't gonna trade him out now. had been going quite well

HevvieEvvie

Quote from: Windigo on May 27, 2011, 03:22:42 PM
I'm keeping him.

Me too, hoping it'll pay off.

He's price this after this week is going to drop heaps so if your going to trading now is the time otherwise hold on for a bumpy ride.

It won't, he's like jelly

glynman90

Yeh I'll probably keep him. The thing that worries me though are the rumours that he might have OP.

Grazz

I think keeping him is alot riskier than letting him go. Already the signs are there for a repeat of last year.
Already missed games with a sore groin, rumours of OP which has plagued him for 2 years , loosing money
for a couple of weeks. All this could quiet easily be history repeating itself. if you have suffered in the
past with him i can completely understand why you would want to offload him before the damage becomes
unrecoverable. Some people who post regularly have painted themselves into a corner regarding Higgins
and would rather risk it all than look foolish backflipping now. I respect these people and their opinions
and would like to add there is no right or wrong answer yet on Higgins, they may well prove to be correct
in keeping him to save a trade at this stage. Myself after having been burnt in the past have already cut
him loose for someone who will give me the same if not better ie Fyfe Chappy for example and relieves me
of the worry that history could well be repeating itself. Whoever is suggesting to keep him can not say that
i am wrong with any conviction, they may say im an idiot and im wrong regardless but that doesnt bother me
as the evidence at this point is overwhelmingly on my side at this moment in time, its not opinion or the
need to be right its just cold hard facts. The risk right now in keeping him is greater than offloading him.
I would rather be wrong than right here as the guy can seriously play and i worry about his future if history
does repeat itself and nobody in their right mind would wish that upon another individual doing what he loves.

Flame

Quote from: Grazz on May 27, 2011, 04:24:36 PM
I think keeping him is alot riskier than letting him go. Already the signs are there for a repeat of last year.
Already missed games with a sore groin, rumours of OP which has plagued him for 2 years , loosing money
for a couple of weeks. All this could quiet easily be history repeating itself. if you have suffered in the
past with him i can completely understand why you would want to offload him before the damage becomes
unrecoverable. Some people who post regularly have painted themselves into a corner regarding Higgins
and would rather risk it all than look foolish backflipping now. I respect these people and their opinions
and would like to add there is no right or wrong answer yet on Higgins, they may well prove to be correct
in keeping him to save a trade at this stage. Myself after having been burnt in the past have chosen to cut
him loose for someone who will give me the same if not better ie Fyfe Chappy for example and believes me
of the worry that history could well be repeating itself. Whoever is suggesting to keep him can not say that
i am wrong with any conviction, they may say im an idiot and im wrong regardless but that doesnt bother me
as the evidence at this point is overwhelmingly on my side at this moment in time, its not opinion or the
need to be right its just cold hard facts. The risk right now in keeping him is greater than offloading him.
I would rather be wrong than right here as the guy can seriously play and i worry about his future if history
does repeat itself and nobody in their right mind would wish that upon another individual doing what he loves.
Well said Grazz!!!

Grazz

Cheers Flame, its not fun posting comments that may well draw flack to yourself.

FLOPITOUT1

I voted but im not saying which one  ;)

Fenno

Quote from: Flame on May 27, 2011, 04:28:33 PM
in keeping him to save a trade at this stage. Myself after having been burnt in the past have chosen to cut
him loose for someone who will give me the same if not better ie Fyfe Chappy for example and believes me
Well said Grazz!!!
+1 well said you have probably read that I am for people keeping him but this post is good and gives a good points to the otherside of the argument.

Windigo

History never repeats......... :-[

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on May 27, 2011, 05:01:51 PM
History never repeats......... :-[
I dont think for one second you honestly believe that Windigo.
It does as much in Footy as it does in life and those that
continue to ignore that constantly make the same mistakes.
Some examples for you Rhenn, Bailey, Malceski, Porplyzia
i could go on and on but the points been made.

Grazz

Wheres that old Split Enz record i had lol.

someguy

in keeping him to save a trade at this stage. Myself after having been burnt in the past have already cut
him loose for someone who will give me the same if not better ie Fyfe Chappy for example and relieves me

Great post Grazz. Like Fenno, I am one for keeping him. I have him myself and will stick with him as he is a playing premium. Like you said there's not right or wrong answer, each individual needs to work out what is the best for their team and DT goals (i.e. overall or league).