Wes' Team - Ranked 1,370 - Thoughts?

Started by Wes Mantooth, May 26, 2011, 08:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Mantooth

BACKS: H Shaw, Adcock, Goddard, Delidio, Gibbs, Heppell - Puopolo, D Stanley, Buckley

MIDS: Pendlebury, J Selwood, Shiels, A Swallow, J Redden, Murphy - Harris, Jacobs, Bewick

RUCKS: Cox, Sandilands - Petrie, McCauley

FWDS: Goodes, N Riewoldt, Franklin, Fyfe, Knights, Darling, Krakouer - T Lynch, Matera, Richardson

Currently Avg: 2048 and have 17 trades left...

I know Richo, Matera, Bewick, Puopolo and Petrie will all make way sooner or later for upgrades/downgrades but going for overall, some of these guys are a few games off and considering there's only 166K in the kitty I need to squeeze all I can out of them.

Midfield keep doing well (Swallow was close to being axed but I'm bcking him to return so I can upgrade him to Boyd. Depending on Redden's form he may turn into Swan when he bottoms out and after round 13. Shiels, as long as Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell are being tagged can stay - has been great this yr.

I'll ditch Petrie after Freo and WCE have played their final byes and cash in.

Want to trade S Johnson in this week for Krak even though he has more cash in him... gotta keep up with those 1,369 ahead of me. Any thoughts?

j959

Wes, the only thing is that your comments are a bit inconsistent.
ie you're trying squeeze every last milk drop from some cows (Richo, Matera, Bewick etc) but then you're considering milking one (Krak) early??

I would say upgrade Richo rather than Krak but i see that budget is a constraint ... would Bewick to Mzungu give you enough cash to upgrade Richo to a fwd you want this round??

Wes Mantooth

Was only going to do the S Johnson as a one off, so yes its breaking the rule but only once.

Only got the one trade left this round.

Wes Mantooth

upthemaidens

so what did you end up doing?      i would keep krackhead and upgrade matera personally, and getting mzunga in for bewick will give ya mpp.  put its a good team. my main problem with it is  redden and shiels are they really the cream of the crop when it comes to midfielders, just seems you are leaking points compared to really gun midfields. 
in saying that you are in the top 0.5% with a good amount of trades, i wish u all the luck in coming 2nd overall  :D

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 28, 2011, 05:55:46 AM
so what did you end up doing?      i would keep krackhead and upgrade matera personally, and getting mzunga in for bewick will give ya mpp.  put its a good team. my main problem with it is  redden and shiels are they really the cream of the crop when it comes to midfielders, just seems you are leaking points compared to really gun midfields. 
in saying that you are in the top 0.5% with a good amount of trades, i wish u all the luck in coming 2nd overall  :D

how do you mean leaking points? they are both doing well week in and out. shiels never gets tagged and they are both still making money (except for redden's bad patch). i like the fact my mid is unique verses most.

i ended up not doing the stevie j trade and will let krak and matera fatten some more. krak might get more of a run this week with swan's niggle

upthemaidens

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 28, 2011, 11:52:37 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on May 28, 2011, 05:55:46 AM

how do you mean leaking points? they are both doing well week in and out. shiels never gets tagged and they are both still making money (except for redden's bad patch). i like the fact my mid is unique verses most.

i ended up not doing the stevie j trade and will let krak and matera fatten some more. krak might get more of a run this week with swan's niggle
i just meant that compared to gun midfields, you are losing points(since u r going for overall) i.e. shiels and redden vs judd and mundy for example,  i know whom i would rather have, but hey it really isnt a big deal.  just a matter of interest how many points are u behind leaders? and how high do you think you can finish?

Wes Mantooth

think im 500 points behind the leader.

should have done that stevie trade... gees 171...krak better tear west coast a new one to counter that 21K price increase.

considering shiels and redden are averaging close to premium, when those like boyd come within range i can trade them up but at the moment they are giving me a point of difference and last week I gained a lot of ground on those with swan. boyd et al. im going with a strategy and its working so far (this week i am 1162 of 11 players)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 29, 2011, 01:54:43 AM

should have done that stevie trade... gees 171...krak better tear west coast a new one to counter that 21K price increase.

considering shiels and redden are averaging close to premium, when those like boyd come within range i can trade them up but at the moment they are giving me a point of difference and last week I gained a lot of ground on those with swan. boyd et al. im going with a strategy and its working so far (this week i am 1162 of 11 players)
arrr you are absolutly right, sorry i stuffed up, i was thinking supercoach. yeah their averages are alot better in dreamteam. both have averages 10-15 points less in SC. (which was my thinking behind the comment) i spend so much more time on supercoach that i dont think to look at what competition im commenting on.

Spite

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 29, 2011, 02:55:38 AM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 29, 2011, 01:54:43 AM

arrr you are absolutly right, sorry i stuffed up, i was thinking supercoach. yeah their averages are alot better in dreamteam. both have averages 10-15 points less in SC. (which was my thinking behind the comment) i spend so much more time on supercoach that i dont think to look at what competition im commenting on.

its cool

Wes Mantooth