Interest in AEPL NEXT Season

Started by CrowsFan, May 25, 2011, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Yep basically exactly the same. However in this you have a limit on how many trades you can do per round unlike SC Pro

Luigi197

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 31, 2011, 07:20:29 PM
Yep basically exactly the same. However in this you have a limit on how many trades you can do per round unlike SC Pro

rite rite ok. Totally understand :)

Awesome; looking forward to it :)

DG

id be keen too chaps, happy to be waitlisted though if 10 turns out to be the best number  ;)

HillHero13

Quote from: DG on June 01, 2011, 11:46:24 AM
id be keen too chaps, happy to be waitlisted though if 10 turns out to be the best number  ;)
not saying you aren't, but you will have to be on fanfooty most of the time too check it out, you have to be very committed.

i know i fell of this season, but i won't this season.

Fletch74

Quote from: HillHero13 on June 01, 2011, 03:55:32 PM
not saying you aren't, but you will have to be on fanfooty most of the time too check it out, you have to be very committed.

I'll keep you to that Hilly... ;)

Master Q

I'm gonna have to pass. I had a fun time when it started but then I just lost interest...

I have some suggestions though, I'll post em later.

CrowsFan

Will be good to hear some suggestions Q :)

CrowsFan

Ok I've been thinking that it could work with 12 teams, however it is going to mean showertier teams for everyone involved as you will basically get 1 good player each.

With 12 teams you will play each team 3 times, which takes up 33 of the 38 rounds. Then for 4 of the rounds we will have a knockout cup with all teams involved, probably in rounds 8, 16, 24 and 32 or something like that. Then in round 38 you will play the team directly next to you to determine your final position, i.e 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, etc. That means instead of the people coming 4th being able to win the whole thing like this season only the teams coming 1st or 2nd will have a chance.

What do you think?

Fletch74

I personally think that for Rds 34-38 you should play finals.

A Top 8. The bottom 4 surrender their teams, and the Top 8 are allowed to take picks from the bottom 4 teams (mini-draft)

1v4, 2v3, 5v8, 6v7 - Week 1 - Two highest place winners from the Top 4 through to the prelim final's?

2 losers from Top 4 clash play winners from Mid 4 clash - Week 2

2 winners play winners from 1st Finals Round - Week 3

GF over 2 weeks - Week 4 & 5

CrowsFan

So you're saying you combine the totals of round 37 and 38 to determine the winner? That's an interesting concept, will see what others think as well though cos I think it would be fun having a knockout cup cos then there will be 2 different winners :)

DG

Quote from: HillHero13 on June 01, 2011, 03:55:32 PM

shouldnt be too much of a problem  ;)

DG

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 02, 2011, 01:14:04 PM
Ok I've been thinking that it could work with 12 teams, however it is going to mean showertier teams for everyone involved as you will basically get 1 good player each.

With 12 teams you will play each team 3 times, which takes up 33 of the 38 rounds. Then for 4 of the rounds we will have a knockout cup with all teams involved, probably in rounds 8, 16, 24 and 32 or something like that. Then in round 38 you will play the team directly next to you to determine your final position, i.e 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, etc. That means instead of the people coming 4th being able to win the whole thing like this season only the teams coming 1st or 2nd will have a chance.

What do you think?

Having only read through how you guys went about it this year, im not overly sure exactly how it worked, but i do think this idea has merit...

CrowsFan

I will write up a post explaining exactly how the game works once we get closer to the start of the new season DG so don't worry if you don't understand something at the moment ;)

On another note Dylsta has de-activated his account so we are back down to 10 teams, although still expecting andrew to enter which would make 11 teams...

CrowsFan

Well Hilly also gone now so down to 9 teams.
What is happening to the FF members? :(

Justin Bieber

It's been an absolutely shocking week for the FF community :'(.