Interest in AEPL NEXT Season

Started by CrowsFan, May 25, 2011, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Ok guys I know that it is early and the season has just finished, but thought I would make this thread now to see what interest people have in doing this again. If we get enough interest early we can start discussing how we can improve the game and keep it entertaining considering half the people lost interest half way through this time.

So guys who wants to do this again? Also what improvements do you think are needed?

My main concern was how long the draft took. We need to get the draft finished before the season starts so that we get scores from all 38 weeks.

Interested
CF
Hawka
ML
BS
HP
Fletch
ZZ
Luigi
DG
CM

Hawka

love to do it agian but i sorta lost intrest due to no internet for 6 weeks!!

CrowsFan

Yeah certainly didn't help you. Also you need to prove it was just a fluke you got the wooden spoon :P

Was thinking if we could get 10 people that would be great. This way you play each team 4 times then final 2 rounds are for finals. Although if we got 8 again that would also work

MajorLazer

I may give it a go.

Put me down for now.

BoredSaint

HillHero13

i don't really know why i lost interest???

but i am still interested in doing it.

i am thinking of starting the draft as soon as possible.

CrowsFan

Cool that's already 5 in :)
Obviously we can't start it up again until the real fantasy one opens up so we know who is in what position and there have been some transfers etc so wont start again for probably 2 months

Justin Bieber

I'll be in again 8). Was quite fun :D.

CrowsFan

Sweet :)
I also assume andrew and zz will be in it again, which would take us to 8. Then would hopefully just need 2 more players

Fletch74

I must admit though CF, I fond it difficult after a while maintaining all the files. Whilst it only took me up to an hour each week, and was enjoyable to begin with, it became arduous and tedious towards the end.

I also found it very difficult when the January transfer window was happening, as I was having to add new players, etc.

If I'm going to be involved, I'd want to participate, but also get some help re keeping all the records up to date!!

CrowsFan

I'm sure it was very hard fletch and we were all greatly appreciative of what you are doing.
I am more than happy to help if you want to keep doing the scoring. And obviously you participating would be great :)

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2011, 11:52:03 AM
I'm sure it was very hard fletch and we were all greatly appreciative of what you are doing.
I am more than happy to help if you want to keep doing the scoring. And obviously you participating would be great :)
I'll have to have a think about it. I have a staff member away on LSL during July and August, plus Financial Year end, so I will be quite busy....

CrowsFan

Well if you just want to participate instead that would be great.
I am happy to take up the organisation side of the game with the scoring. I just feel it's only fair you get to participate next time after all the hard work you did this time

chrisuzz

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2011, 12:26:48 PM
I am happy to take up the organisation side of the game with the scoring. I just feel it's only fair you get to participate next time after all the hard work you did this time
Thanks mate, it is pretty hard work to collate all the info, and keep a record of the YTD as well. If you look at the file I posted you can see in the Archive worksheet what team you all started with and how much it changed...

It's just difficult to upload 20 files into a spreadsheet every week as well as format, blah, blah, blah. What a whinger I am!! :D

If you want to use the file I created, I can assist in showing you how the steps necessary each week. Also, I am still happy to help, just with the extra workload I won't be able to commit as much.