Priddis
2 (5.7%)
Pavlich
1 (2.9%)
Cox
22 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 2

cortez

And Selwood doesn't get touches around the ground?

BlackMamba

I think he means competitive touches in this game. Touches that mean something. If they are ripping GC, then the touches don't mean nothing and he will score less, whereas in a really competitive game, touches are worth way more.

Rusty00

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have Selwood, otherwise I'm sure they would have included them in their poll.

For what it's worth, I voted Cox who I think will dominate a weak Collingwood ruck battery.

cortez

The one who gets the ball to bartel and Chapman is Selwood. Doesn't that mean clearances? Which means impact on the game which means points?

Cruiseon

I was reviewing Cox and realised he has not played at the MCG this year and when looking at the Eagles form, other than against Freo v Sandi (103) I would regard Hawthorn as the only strong side they have played when he got 87.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but perhaps his best scores will be against lessor opposition which despite the ruck depletion is not the Pies.

charliesheen

Selwood will get a decent score, there is no doubt about that.  The question is whether he will be able to get a score above 130+ against the Gold Coast, when maybe there won't be much contested ball to be won (and he probably won't get all those FF's stats).

I can actually see guys like Stokes & Varcoe getting these bigger scores of 130+.

Right now I am leaning towards Selwood, but meh who knows... might change to Cox/Swan last minute.

charliesheen

Quote from: Cruiseon on May 25, 2011, 04:08:04 PM
I was reviewing Cox and realised he has not played at the MCG this year and when looking at the Eagles form, other than against Freo v Sandi (103) I would regard Hawthorn as the only strong side they have played when he got 87.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but perhaps his best scores will be against lessor opposition which despite the ruck depletion is not the Pies.

Regardless of the opposition, the eagles have been very very impressive this year.  their forward press is really something to behold, whether they can maintain this discipline and intensity for an extended period is anyones guess.

If you look at the head to head stats (tackles, contested possessions, contested marks, etc) of collingwood vs westcoast, you will find them almost identical, except west coast are ahead in CM.

I have this strong suspiction the pies are tapering or 'cycling' their workload to culminate in peak performance later in the season, so we really have not seen what the best of their forward press.

Legen...DARY

Cheers guys.

Don't have Selwood - wish I did but I went with Bartel from R1. I'm a bit hesitant going Bartel because of his last few scores.

At this stage I think I will go with Cox unless I switch to GAJ last minute.

Fletch74

I wouldn't call Essendon weak opposition there Cruise, especially up against 3 ruckmen....  ::)

He has also scored 129 against Port and 125 against the Bombers when playing away this year, as well as the 87 against the Hawks and Renouf/Hale. I think that's reasonable when playing against the Pies who won't have Jolly.

Cruiseon

Fletch you did lose to Richmond!!

It's not the direct ruck opposition which I think is that crucial (as you say Essendon are good in this area), but more the around the ground space he does or does not get. Against teams like Hawthorn and I suspect Collingwood I doubt he'll get this freedom.

That said I haven't rules him out and the fact I am considering him over Swan backs that up. I do think Swan will go nuts soon.

dmac07

Cox should dominate the hitouts. Pies lost the hitouts 63-28 against a ruck combo of Jacobs-McKernan last week! Still, as a pies fan its hard for me to put cox as captain and cheer for him. He will also have less chance for easy marks and goals against the pies.

Pendles or Cox for me out of those mentioned, pendles could dominate I feel this week.

meow meow

Quote from: gruby on May 25, 2011, 03:01:55 PM
Cox!!! Pies don't have Jolly, he will dominate, expect WC to get well within the line this week. Best bet of the week.

Lol  ::)

NicNat is WC's number 1 ruckman now. You watch, he will start in the ruck at the opening bounce, and he will play more minutes in the ruck than Cox does. Cox could score exceptionally well due to kicking a bag of goals against Collingwood's dubious tall defenders when he plays forward. Reid will have to take him, and even he isn't big enough.

bowyanger

Quote from: charliesheen on May 25, 2011, 04:12:26 PM

Regardless of the opposition, the eagles have been very very impressive this year.  their forward press is really something to behold, whether they can maintain this discipline and intensity for an extended period is anyones guess.

If you look at the head to head stats (tackles, contested possessions, contested marks, etc) of collingwood vs westcoast, you will find them almost identical, except west coast are ahead in CM.

I have this strong suspiction the pies are tapering or 'cycling' their workload to culminate in peak performance later in the season, so we really have not seen what the best of their forward press.
Bucks has come out and said the pies season doesnt start till round 16

MTTY

I'm going with Buddy against a poor Dogs defence that conceded 10.3 from J.Kennedy.

meow meow

Lake will be back this week, allowing Morris to have a crack at Franklin. Morris has been good this year, and Franklin's height shouldn't worry him too much, as Buddy never takes overhead marks anymore. But our coaching staff has no idea anymore, so Buddy will probably kick 10 on Williams.