Main Menu

Geelong? ha

Started by MissPiesFF, May 23, 2011, 01:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPiesFF

It's not Geelong I am worried about it is the Hawks, they scare the crap out of the Pies almost every time, regardless where the ladder stands. And for the Hawks they will definately finish top 4. Worried a lot!

ossie85

I have Franklin nightmares MP. Every time he tears the Pies apart.

bunyip

Obe Wan waves his hand, "You don't have to worry about Us"
The group of Collingwood supporters repeats, "We don't have to worry about them"
"You should be more concerned about some other teams"
"We should worry more about a few other teams"
"Geelong are not your problem"
"Geelong will not be a problem"
"That's right" whispered Obe, and turned his back and walked away.

Cruiseon

Collingwood will have Geelong covered when it counts.

The others, well I'm not so sure.

bunyip

You're absolutely right Cruis.
I would not worry about Geelong.
I would be more concerned about some other teams.
Geelong will not be a problem.

Milton

Yep we're too old and too slow .. do you know that every side that has as many 29yo's as us has dropped down the ladder considerably .. we're only playing by memory, just joining the dots .. probably won't even make the eight .. I wouldn't worry about Geelong either .. focus on the real danger sides such as Carlton, Hawks and Dons

bunyip

Don't forget West Coast and Sydney Milton. And Freo and Richmond. There's lots of teams Collingwood supporters can worry about.

Cruiseon

Don't for a second think I am patronising Geelong, I just think at their best we know what they will provide (which is very  very good). They are a known.

We don't yet know what Hawthorn for example will be like at their best.

The side I am most worried about is Collingwood. At our best I think we are rightly favourite but the questions remains will form and injury allows us to be at our best. I'll say it again, this time last year Collingwood were not rated a serious flag chance, things can change very quickly and probably will.

bunyip

Come on Cruis. I seem to remember you saying that you got excited last season when you first looked at your list. I reckon thats fair enough.
To be honest I wouldn't be worrying about Collingwood's form. You have a great coach.
Hawthorn are yet to prove to me anyway, that they are more than a good team. Buddy is having a great year, but he is only one man. He may be the difference when the Hawks play Sydney or West Coast , but not Geelong or Collingwood.
Also, some Collingwood supporters clearly have dismissed Geelong as a threat to their back to back chances. This thread is proof of that. Remember last season, no-one gave Freo a real chance of beating Hawthorn in the first final.
Have Geelong narrowed the gap between them and the Pies? Who knows. I don't think it ever really existed. They are both great teams.
This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons ever.
By the way, I'm sorry about my Dream Team, I'm letting the Vics down :(

Hawka

lol just relized this thread

We always go well aginast yous
dont no why?

But watch out wen we play u cos were playin the best since 2008 and u could even say this is our second best season so far since the start of the decade (maybe 2001 is second)

bunyip

You guys certainly seem to have the Collingwood fans worried hawka.

Cruiseon

Geelong are much more of a threat now that they are moving to a structure which excludes Tom Hawkins. This was disappointing news as he was shaping up to be the next Kozi. It may sound harsh but when I was at the game the other day many Geelong supporters seemed to agree.

That said I think Scott is too good a coach to persist with something that was obviously not working. Dam that good coach, I think Geelong should have recruited Matthew Knights or Terry Wallace.

bunyip

Scotty is a good coach. But he did walk into a dream job. Having said that I agree with you Cruis, he doesn't seem to be prepared to accept mediocrity. Why should he I suppose?
I still haven't given up on Tommahawk. He's only 22. I hope his best years are ahead of him. I know he tries his guts out on the field.
It will be interesting to see how Scotty copes with the inevitable form slump that all teams go through at some stage of the season. Malthouse wears his heart on his sleeve during a game, Scotty does to.

bunyip

Junktimer