Main Menu

Daisy To Win Brownlow?

Started by Master Q, May 22, 2011, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

I mean anything is possible?

bomberboy0618

It will happen as soon as there is a full set of teeth in the Collingwood Cheersquad ;D

Cruiseon

Let the boy get back to back flags before we worry about individual awards best suited for those at lessor clubs.  ;)

ossie85

Hope he doesn't win the Brownlow, will be hard enough to keep him without him getting that and raising his price :)

I'd settle for a Norm Smith

SydneyRox

Sorry with the team you have cant see him winning a B&F let alone brownlow..... Norm Smith probably a good chance though this year!

Cruiseon

Funny you should mention the B&F SR as Daisy could well be in the running at this stage. The Copeland rewards consistant performance and he'd probably be ahead of Swan but maybe slightly behind Pendles at this stage. Other surprises in the chasing pack might be Shaw, Sidebottom & Cloke.

Does prompt the wider question, who will win the Pies B&F & who is the dark horse?

SydneyRox

I havent watch all the Pies games but i would have thought Cloke has been pretty good. B&F is generally about the guy who does his job for the team and Cloke has really been pretty good so far

Reckon Pendles is miles in front at the moment

ossie85

Shaw wining bnf I think, been outstanding and Mick likes his backmen

Fletch74

What about Didak? He's been consistent :P In all honesty I think Shaw would be leading the way.

roo boys!

Quote from: Fletch74 on May 24, 2011, 06:48:07 PM
What about Didak? He's been consistent :P In all honesty I think Shaw would be leading the way.
Tell me about it...

Cruiseon

He won't win it but Luke Ball has got to be featuring at this stage as well.

Cruiseon

Daisy another step closer to the Brownlow and Copeland this week.  Amazing form he is in.

Boomz

Daisy in stunning form but Pendles will steal votes off him... Got Daisy in DT a few weeks back for Curnow too ;D

ossie85

Superb he has been.

When Thomas first started, he was just a flash-in-the-pan type player. Just a cameo every now and again.

Then, in 2009, he stopped with the flashy stuff, and went in for the hard-ball and the 1%. Some commentators/followers started to criticise him this year because his stats had gone down, but I thought it was his best year so far.

2010 he found consistency, contributing in every match, and showing glimpses of his supberb skills while not losing any of his inside competitiveness. His 2010 grand finals were very, very good and without Thomas, the Pies would probably have lost the flag.

In 2011 Thomas believes in himself, and it shows. I'm not starting to think he has grown into a real leader at the Pies.

By the way, this is a similar path to what Gary Ablett jnr took. Here's hoping he goes up to that level! Not there yet though.

Thomas, Pendles, Swan, Shaw, Reid and Cloke are all All-Aus chances this year, with Tazza and Ball dark-horses as well. Very even spread at the moment.

RiOtChEsS

its become a very popular thing with commentators lately...

just this year ive heard Dustin Martin Marc Murphy Trent Cotchin Patrick Dangerfield and Tom Rockliff will win brownlow medals one day...

just how many Charlies do they think r being given out ::) G.A.S and The Duck never won a brownlow and those r 2 would be in the top ten most dominant players of the last 30 years, maybe all time...