Official top 5 midfielders!

Started by jmcphe, May 18, 2011, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC AND DT: Everyone has been asking if everyone picks 5 we will get a general idea

swan
145 (329.5%)
boyd
144 (327.3%)
dal santo
1 (2.3%)
mundy
54 (122.7%)
pendels
126 (286.4%)
Montagna
17 (38.6%)
Bartel
16 (36.4%)
Selwood
106 (240.9%)
Hodge
4 (9.1%)
Mitchell
19 (43.2%)
Ablett
28 (63.6%)
judd
20 (45.5%)
Watson
34 (77.3%)
Murphy
24 (54.5%)
Priddis
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 02:11:04 AM
Quote from: Nails on May 19, 2011, 01:59:33 AM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 01:08:24 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 19, 2011, 01:03:53 AM
i have five hawks hahah :) they are my second team though.

i had 5 roos and i only have 2 now, i plan on getting rid of them all even though i think the roos will push for finals. They actually havent been that bad this year they have lost to collingwood, gellong and freo at home so thats acceptable and than went down to the eagles with no petrie or goldstein.

on a realted note to the thread, why isnt it top 6 mids not 5

Don't worry, you're going to come crashing down to earth once the roos play the Mighty Lions, Holz.

so you think brisbane will continue on their massive winning streak, the only chance brisbane has is if JB comes back and kicks 10  goals, still i dont think that will happen even with grima out.

With Brown back, easy win. Kangaroos are chumps.

Lions lost 4 games or so by ~13 points or less. If we had J Brown up forward as a target we'd be 4-3 and going 5-3 against the Roos this week IMO.

Instead we're just going to be 1-7 with Browny back.

Bluke

I love a good old fashioned duel!

Should be a good match if Brown plays, otherwise its Norths game to loose.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on May 19, 2011, 02:28:46 AM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 02:11:04 AM
Quote from: Nails on May 19, 2011, 01:59:33 AM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 01:08:24 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 19, 2011, 01:03:53 AM
i have five hawks hahah :) they are my second team though.

i had 5 roos and i only have 2 now, i plan on getting rid of them all even though i think the roos will push for finals. They actually havent been that bad this year they have lost to collingwood, gellong and freo at home so thats acceptable and than went down to the eagles with no petrie or goldstein.

on a realted note to the thread, why isnt it top 6 mids not 5

Don't worry, you're going to come crashing down to earth once the roos play the Mighty Lions, Holz.

so you think brisbane will continue on their massive winning streak, the only chance brisbane has is if JB comes back and kicks 10  goals, still i dont think that will happen even with grima out.

With Brown back, easy win. Kangaroos are chumps.

Lions lost 4 games or so by ~13 points or less. If we had J Brown up forward as a target we'd be 4-3 and going 5-3 against the Roos this week IMO.

Instead we're just going to be 1-7 with Browny back.

wow 13 point losses to gold coast (14)  , stkilda (15), melbourne (9) , freo (gabba) and you cant say if you had brown you would have one those games. Other teams have injuries aswell and if they had those players they would have beat brisbane by even more.
The simple fact is brisbane is probably the worst team in the comp and even worse than that they arent a young team that has room to grow. teams like the roos, melbourne, eagles, richmond etc.. have gone for a youth policy so are down now but will be up and going in a few years. Teams like this only only can improve. Sadly brisbane traded in alot of old/injury prone players to win a flag and failed miserably, now they are left with a bad team and i cant see them getting out of it anytime soon. they will likely finsh bottom 2 and with GWS stealing all the good picks they lose out on that aswell. The only plus is they will likely get the number 1 pick in the 2013 draft.

according to last years stats the only teams older than brisbane are stkilda, collingwood and gellong and they are equal with port. You would have to agree that apart from port (who are in trouble also) these teams have/are pushed for flags recently, so they can afford having an older list.  Wheras the roos have a list with an averge age closer to the teams i mentioned above.

Nails

Mighty Lions :)

Poor Roos. Sorry Holz, but a J Brown bag will have you as a sad boy this week.

Even afl.com.au predicts the Roos to lose :( You underestimate the power of J. Brown.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 05:46:53 AM
wow 13 point losses to gold coast (14)  , stkilda (15), melbourne (9) , freo (gabba) and you cant say if you had brown you would have one those games. Other teams have injuries aswell and if they had those players they would have beat brisbane by even more.
The simple fact is brisbane is probably the worst team in the comp and even worse than that they arent a young team that has room to grow. teams like the roos, melbourne, eagles, richmond etc.. have gone for a youth policy so are down now but will be up and going in a few years. Teams like this only only can improve. Sadly brisbane traded in alot of old/injury prone players to win a flag and failed miserably, now they are left with a bad team and i cant see them getting out of it anytime soon. they will likely finsh bottom 2 and with GWS stealing all the good picks they lose out on that aswell. The only plus is they will likely get the number 1 pick in the 2013 draft.

according to last years stats the only teams older than brisbane are stkilda, collingwood and gellong and they are equal with port. You would have to agree that apart from port (who are in trouble also) these teams have/are pushed for flags recently, so they can afford having an older list.  Wheras the roos have a list with an averge age closer to the teams i mentioned above.

Brisbane would have beaten Freo if Brown hadnt gone down, i'm sure of it.

A win first up would have totally changed their season IMO. A loss and losing their inspirational captain scuppered any chance they had of making the top 10.

Ziplock

^ I agree with that. The Lions were carrying 3 injuries that game and only lost by a very small point margin. They're clearly not a top 8 side, but I would attribute their current position on the ladder being due more to poor luck than being pathetic.

I rate them above north and port atm :P

:-X

Bluke

I think North are ahead of Brisbane, but J Brown is an inspirational leader. Just the type of guy who can get them up for their first win. If the game was in Melbourne it would be a North win.. But since its at the gabba and with Browny back it makes for a very interesting game. Lions by a goal kicked by J Brown in the last minute.

Port and Gold Coast are definitely the worst teams this year.

PowerBug

Port will have played Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn, Carlton, Fremantle, a surging Richmond, gallant Gold Coast, Top 8 contenders West Coast, a showdown, and North at Etihad. Pretty tough draw so LAY OFF THE POWER! WE WILL COME GOOD AFTER THE BYE!!!

someguy

Back on topic, by the end of the year I'll hopefully have a midfield of:

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Mitchell, Mundy/Bartel/Next best mid

Should be plenty strong enough.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on May 19, 2011, 02:38:19 PM
Port will have played Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn, Carlton, Fremantle, a surging Richmond, gallant Gold Coast, Top 8 contenders West Coast, a showdown, and North at Etihad. Pretty tough draw so LAY OFF THE POWER! WE WILL COME GOOD AFTER THE BYE!!!

A spud is a spud is a spud and port are full of spuds.

Come good = not happening imo

Bluke

Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Pendlebury, Mitchell/Ablett, Mundy = Win

Ziplock

When a forward kicks a bag against port, it's literally kicking a bag... of potatoes...

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on May 19, 2011, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 05:46:53 AM

Brisbane would have beaten Freo if Brown hadnt gone down, i'm sure of it.

A win first up would have totally changed their season IMO. A loss and losing their inspirational captain scuppered any chance they had of making the top 10.

im sure having macintosh, petrie or goldstein in round 1 would have meant a win against the eagles and resulted in the same thing.

Bluke

You still havnt let the rd 1 loss go Holzman?

What if what if what if.

What if the Eagles had Kerr, Butler and McGinnity.

The facts are this.

Brisbane is 0 7

North is 2 5

Two average teams going at it to try and salvage their seasons. With Brown back most peoples money will be on Brisbane at home for their first win. North shouldnt be written off however.

Ziplock