Official top 5 midfielders!

Started by jmcphe, May 18, 2011, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC AND DT: Everyone has been asking if everyone picks 5 we will get a general idea

swan
145 (329.5%)
boyd
144 (327.3%)
dal santo
1 (2.3%)
mundy
54 (122.7%)
pendels
126 (286.4%)
Montagna
17 (38.6%)
Bartel
16 (36.4%)
Selwood
106 (240.9%)
Hodge
4 (9.1%)
Mitchell
19 (43.2%)
Ablett
28 (63.6%)
judd
20 (45.5%)
Watson
34 (77.3%)
Murphy
24 (54.5%)
Priddis
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

TMurphBROWNLOW

does this look weak for a final midfield?

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Dal Santo, Ablett ?

Holz

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 19, 2011, 12:35:25 AM
does this look weak for a final midfield?

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Dal Santo, Ablett ?

i cant detect if your trolling or not, its a very strong mid, not the best i have ever seen but is definitely strong enough.

elephants

yes tmurph that looks very solid. ablett seems to be getting more and more assistance as the seaosn progresses.

what about mine?

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Mitchell, M. Murphy

TMurphBROWNLOW

lol I'm being serious! somehow I feel unconvinced that it will score well for me week in week out. maybe just because dal santo presented me with a 50 the week I bring him in :P maybe I should rephrase: does it look like this midfield is one of the best :P
Quote from: elephants on May 19, 2011, 12:39:36 AM
yes tmurph that looks very solid. ablett seems to be getting more and more assistance as the seaosn progresses.

what about mine?

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, Mitchell, M. Murphy

yeah I like it, Mitchell and murph are 2 slightly more unique and proven performers so you should do really well :)

elephants

nicky dal has been a lone shining light at the saints, expect his scores to improve with the help of joey again. yeah i do like murph, keeps the team unique :)

TMurphBROWNLOW

might consider Mitchell ahead of ablett, simply because I have one hawk and as a supporter I feel ashamed :P nah, I'll work on getting suckling later in the year :)

Holz

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 19, 2011, 12:59:17 AM
might consider Mitchell ahead of ablett, simply because I have one hawk and as a supporter I feel ashamed :P nah, I'll work on getting suckling later in the year :)

i assume you have franklin so bring in smith and pup this week that should help bolster your hawk supplies.

elephants

i have five hawks hahah :) they are my second team though.

Problems

Quote from: hardnut on May 19, 2011, 12:22:18 AM
Quote from: Problems on May 18, 2011, 11:37:26 PM
Yeah GAJ is a proven star but in 2011 and at GCS he's not top 5, maybe a top 10
Scored an 83 against Port in a win ??? that doesn't cut it for me
the guy has NO preseason and has had to carry the hardest tag you could ever see. BUT the mids around him are learning the game plan and protecting him more at the stoppage, once they improve the spread he'll also get more uncontested marks. He's got soo much upside and he's still averaging 102! Could avg 110ish for rest of year. Number 5 for me.
I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm not saying he doesn't get the hardest tag every week, I'm not saying the guys around him are helpful and I'm not saying he has no upside you n00b.
The poll is about top 5 players currently this year. I agree he is averaging 102 but tell me how many from his 6 games this year has he has he scored 100+??? Consistency is needed to get in my current top 5 midfielders not maybes and hopes

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 19, 2011, 12:59:17 AM

i assume you have franklin so bring in smith and pup this week that should help bolster your hawk supplies.

they're not a necessity so I might just bring in pups and leave Isaac and hope he can play well without racking up big numbers :P

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 19, 2011, 01:03:53 AM

i had 5 roos and i only have 2 now, i plan on getting rid of them all even though i think the roos will push for finals. They actually havent been that bad this year they have lost to collingwood, gellong and freo at home so thats acceptable and than went down to the eagles with no petrie or goldstein.

on a realted note to the thread, why isnt it top 6 mids not 5

TMurphBROWNLOW

maybe he's being sneaky and hiding a unique unique pick from us all  8)

lukedogg17

no rischitelli? not a bad buy for 400 id say, could cover 5th or 6th mid imo

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 01:08:24 AM

i had 5 roos and i only have 2 now, i plan on getting rid of them all even though i think the roos will push for finals. They actually havent been that bad this year they have lost to collingwood, gellong and freo at home so thats acceptable and than went down to the eagles with no petrie or goldstein.

Don't worry, you're going to come crashing down to earth once the roos play the Mighty Lions, Holz.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on May 19, 2011, 01:59:33 AM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 01:08:24 AM

Don't worry, you're going to come crashing down to earth once the roos play the Mighty Lions, Holz.

so you think brisbane will continue on their massive winning streak, the only chance brisbane has is if JB comes back and kicks 10  goals, still i dont think that will happen even with grima out.