Official top 5 midfielders!

Started by jmcphe, May 18, 2011, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC AND DT: Everyone has been asking if everyone picks 5 we will get a general idea

swan
145 (329.5%)
boyd
144 (327.3%)
dal santo
1 (2.3%)
mundy
54 (122.7%)
pendels
126 (286.4%)
Montagna
17 (38.6%)
Bartel
16 (36.4%)
Selwood
106 (240.9%)
Hodge
4 (9.1%)
Mitchell
19 (43.2%)
Ablett
28 (63.6%)
judd
20 (45.5%)
Watson
34 (77.3%)
Murphy
24 (54.5%)
Priddis
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Nails

thatguy

Quote from: Ziplock on May 19, 2011, 03:30:18 PM
yeah they should be :P
i think a lot ppl underestimate the j brown factor and what he is to that club

Ziplock

it's not only a player boost, but a moral boost.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on May 19, 2011, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2011, 05:46:53 AM
wow 13 point losses to gold coast (14)  , stkilda (15), melbourne (9) , freo (gabba) and you cant say if you had brown you would have one those games. Other teams have injuries aswell and if they had those players they would have beat brisbane by even more.
The simple fact is brisbane is probably the worst team in the comp and even worse than that they arent a young team that has room to grow. teams like the roos, melbourne, eagles, richmond etc.. have gone for a youth policy so are down now but will be up and going in a few years. Teams like this only only can improve. Sadly brisbane traded in alot of old/injury prone players to win a flag and failed miserably, now they are left with a bad team and i cant see them getting out of it anytime soon. they will likely finsh bottom 2 and with GWS stealing all the good picks they lose out on that aswell. The only plus is they will likely get the number 1 pick in the 2013 draft.

according to last years stats the only teams older than brisbane are stkilda, collingwood and gellong and they are equal with port. You would have to agree that apart from port (who are in trouble also) these teams have/are pushed for flags recently, so they can afford having an older list.  Wheras the roos have a list with an averge age closer to the teams i mentioned above.

Brisbane would have beaten Freo if Brown hadnt gone down, i'm sure of it.

A win first up would have totally changed their season IMO. A loss and losing their inspirational captain scuppered any chance they had of making the top 10.

im sure having macintosh, petrie or goldstein in round 1 would have meant a win against the eagles and resulted in the same thing.

As an Eagles fan all I can say is thank fcuk you didn't have them. Kick-started our season.

I think North will finish above Brisbane this season, but I have a feeling the Lions mights spring an upset this week.

I am just hoping Brown drops enough in price I can straight swap him in

Ziplock

mmm, personally, I've got lions finishing around 10-12 imo, massive bounce back with brown ;)

:-X

PowerBug

I predicted that Brisbane would finish top 17.

Ziplock

fair point. I wouldn't be making that bet on port though :P

PowerBug

So you think that port will finish outside the top 17? I reckon your team will be the same. ;)

Ziplock

I think port has a fighting chance.

Personally, I'm interested in the port v GC game, should be a close one. Disgustingly.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 20, 2011, 02:36:30 PM
mmm, personally, I've got lions finishing around 10-12 imo, massive bounce back with brown ;)

good luck, i really cant find 5 clubs that are below brisbane, maybe port and GC but the rest i put ahead of them. Personally i would love to see brown comeback and for them to sart to win some games, just not this week.

Bluke

Quote from: Ziplock on May 20, 2011, 02:36:30 PM

You're dreaming! lol

PowerBug

I had port in my top 8. Not sure that was a good idea.

Ziplock

that was a horrible idea :P

and bluke... dream... or nightmare :P

jmcphe

Right I've got swan pendels Boyd and bartel, I want bartel to be my emg so which 3 mids should I get out of
Ablett, hodge, mundy, thompson, selwood, priddis?? Thanks for ya help lads

thanme

Selwood, Thompson, Mundy. In that order.