Fremantle Resting Players...

Started by RiOtChEsS, May 17, 2011, 01:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

3 of their last 5 games r at Etihad Stadium...

remember last year our Prelim Finals last year Launceston...

Fremantle
B: Dylan Roberton, Antoni Grover, Greg Broughton
HB: Justin Bollenhagen, Luke McPharlin, Jay van Berlo
C: Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Hasleby, Clancee Pearce
HF: Byron Schammer, Steven Dodd, Michael Walters
F: Ryan Murphy, Michael Johnson, Matthew de Boer
Foll: Kepler Bradley, Nick Suban, Paul Duffield
I/C: Clayton Hinkley, Rhys Palmer, Jesse Crichton, Zac Clarke
Emg: Des Headland, Ryan Crowley, Tim Ruffles

In: Dodd, Murphy, Palmer, Hinkley, van Berlo, Pearce, Bollenhagen
Out: Matthew Pavlich (soreness), Adam McPhee (soreness), Roger Hayden (soreness), David Mundy (soreness), Stephen Hill (soreness), Anthony Morabito (soreness), Nathan Fyfe (soreness) 

Sandilands was missing in the last month too...

im hoping Fremantle r battling for 8th spot with 5 rounds to go :-X

diddley

Quote from: Marcz on May 17, 2011, 01:52:39 AM

im hoping Fremantle r battling for 8th spot with 5 rounds to go :-X
they are not in the position this year, as they were last year. lets hope they will play all year.

ando_10

no chance. besides there are byes this year so there no real excuse to be resting players.

RiOtChEsS

its a certainty if they have the same scenario as last year...

which was cant move up or down from the top 6 teams in effect a home final at some stage...

They will throw everything at Collingwood in rd23 at home...  Bulldogs round 24 at Etihad Freo will have key players resting :-X

fever

Quote from: Marcz on May 17, 2011, 02:10:59 PM
Bulldogs round 24 at Etihad Freo will have key players resting :-X

well that's just like, your opinion, man.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: fever on May 18, 2011, 10:46:30 AM

... ::) i dont have anyone elses... its food for thought, take it as u will...

Boomz

Highly possible. It worked for them last year so why wouldn't they?! especially with their injury record...

Barlow 21

It was a smart idea. :) I don't think they'll do this again this year because Fremantle and going to try and storm through the second half of the season when they get Barlow, Mzungu, Hayden etc. back. If they do I'll be angry as I have Pavlich, Mundy and Sandi.

fever

Quote from: Marcz on May 18, 2011, 12:03:52 PM
Quote from: fever on May 18, 2011, 10:46:30 AM

... ::) i dont have anyone elses... its food for thought, take it as u will...

of course it's possible, but saying anything as definitive at this stage is basically wrong, even if it proves to be right.

SydneyRox

Not sure how your crystal ball is working so well this far out from finals!!

valkorum

I dont think it will happen this year.  We started last year with very little injuries and then late in the season is when we had a lot of injuries and young players falling away with the exertions of a long season.

Harves rested a heap of players to get them some time off so we could make an assault at the finals - which we won against the Hawks.

This year the majority of our injuries have happened in the first half of the season.  Therefore I think Harves will want most players playing the back half of the season to get some game time and consistency in them before hopefully playing finals again this year.

masterjudd

Quote from: valkorum on May 26, 2011, 02:52:37 PM
I dont think it will happen this year.  We started last year with very little injuries and then late in the season is when we had a lot of injuries and young players falling away with the exertions of a long season.

Harves rested a heap of players to get them some time off so we could make an assault at the finals - which we won against the Hawks.

This year the majority of our injuries have happened in the first half of the season.  Therefore I think Harves will want most players playing the back half of the season to get some game time and consistency in them before hopefully playing finals again this year.

+1 exactly the reason they wont/cant rest players! although pavlich will get rested without a doubt in their last match if they cant make up any ladder position, he looks tired already running thru the mid.

bowyanger

Collingwood will be the major culprit....and the Suns wont risk Ablett, Day, Swallow & Smith.
Id expect Freo to do a similar approach as they did in pre season....rest their 2 stars...211 & Pav.

PiggyPommy

bowyanger the Suns won't risk them why????? They wont be in the finals..... And getting games under these kids belts is the best thing they can do. Ablett is on a monster contract, you dont get paid what he is to sit and watch. Think about it.

bowyanger

Quote from: PiggyPommy on June 20, 2011, 01:33:17 PM
bowyanger the Suns won't risk them why????? They wont be in the finals..... And getting games under these kids belts is the best thing they can do. Ablett is on a monster contract, you dont get paid what he is to sit and watch. Think about it.
its just my opinion bud...why would they risk yablett, swallow, day or smith from having a good pre season next year? yabletts contract is for him to play yes, but he is soooo valuable would they risk him getting seriously injured in the junk time of the year for them? they would definately pump games into the younger guys but not these 3 young fellas as their the 3 most important to their future..we all know mckenna likes his rotation policy...
I guess we will just wait and see anyways