FANTASY ADVICE for anyone who wants to improve their team-GUARANTEED 8)

Started by Leica Tsunami, June 02, 2009, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahsup

my god firesword.. shutup.
you have been given advice on this plenty of times in other chats..
yes you can easily afford to trade him!

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 04, 2009, 12:46:28 PM
Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 03, 2009, 07:17:38 AM
THIS IS MY BACK LINE any advice/ should i trade cornes? i have 16 trades   

1. Goddard, B
Avg: 107.5Score: 132$435,000

2. Cornes, C
Avg: 93.3Score: 48$347,400

3. Adcock, J
Avg: 88.6Score: 130$351,800

4. Mundy, D
Avg: 83.8Score: 113$307,600

5. Doughty, M
Avg: 82.3Score: 102$341,100

6. Murphy, T
Avg: 63.9Score: 79$272,600

7. Rance, A
Avg: 61.7Score: 0$200,000

8. Cheney, K
Avg: 68.3Score: 0$164,600

9. O'Keefe, D
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$86,600
any advice

A few things to take into consideration here...
If you are looking only to win your league and you could bare one week witha missing player, then i would look to trade Rance into G.Broughton, and T.Murphy into one of either P.Ryder, D.Milburn, or S.Fisher,...This is based upon you having zero leftover dollars...if you have some extra money then anyof the these players are good options, or you can get someone higher in value...A.Mackie is good too, proving you have 5000 dollars or more before the trades...I recommend S.Fisher or A.Mackie before the other two as they are safer options...Milburn is cheap but is old and slightest form drop could have him out of the side...Ryder is a good scorer out of circumstance, now that he is doing the majority of ruckwork he looks to be good hereonin, depending on return of Laycock from injury who also rucks...Im asking you to trade Murphy as he isnt known to be a reliable dreateam scorer, and his position in the Hawthorn side is not secured by any means...Rance is no good to you now, he isnt likely to go up all that much and you need to upgrade at  least one or two players in your backs to have a consistently scoring team...Hope that helps you FIRESWORD1 :)

Leica Tsunami

Keep Chad Cornes, like ive said before Im always hesitant to trade out elite fantasy players unless they are out 4-6 weeks or more...Atm, he is reported to be back in that time so hold onto him til further notice...

FIRESWORD1

thanks Leica Tsunami i will take your advice Rance into G.Broughton,

Leica Tsunami

If anyone was wondering this is my team lineup with 6 trades left...
Backs:
B.Goddard
C.Cornes
L.Hodge
J.Adcock
P.Ryder
A.Mackie
J.Grimes
K.Cheney
G.Broughton

Midfielders:
J.Bartel
C.Judd
J.Selwood
A.Cooney
B.Muston
D.Beams
M.Robinson
S.Sidebottom

Rucks:
M.Kreuzer
H.McIntosh

Forwards:
M.Pavlich
B.Deledio
L.Franklin
J.Brown
C.Sylvia
B.McGlynn
B.Ross
B.Warren

I need to upgrade some midfielders eventually, and maybe a forward or two before my team will be set...I scored 2175 last week, however Ive had a disappointing season to date, even though im sitting around the 17,000 mark in the whole league...Last year I finished 157th out of the entire league, so where Im at is disappointing for where I want to be...i have taken a few risks on players, also placed too much faith in Brown and Franklin, but I always have potential scoring firmly in mind...Franklin and Brown in form are 100 average players, but that is another story and thread that would take too much explaining... :)

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: Damoman on June 03, 2009, 02:09:52 AM
in replacing cornes.

is it better to pick up a player on the improve, having a good year
Thornton, Duffield, Mundy   ?

or a top player, down in price, hoping they come good
Bowden, Fisher, Mackie     ?

Great question, and its really anyone's guess...Personally I go with proven scoring averages from the past, so I would say a top player down on price  :) However you have to take into consideration these factors: Is the player who has dropped affected by a lingering injury? Has he experienced a role change in the team? and if a player is on the rise you need to consider, has he put up a couple of good scores in a row? why has he? is it a role change in the team? condering all this will help your decision, very good question, I would have no objections either way as long as you weigh up the pros and cons Damoman... ;)

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: Damoman on June 03, 2009, 02:31:08 AM
i've decided to keep cornes and upgrade cheney instead
i think its down to

mundy  or  fisher

surely fisher is the better, i already have goddard n gilbert
but theres nothing wrong with too much stkilda?

Either one is a good choice, I think mundy is even better value though...just my opinion

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: hibbo on June 03, 2009, 07:41:38 AM
Ok, thoughts on these trades...

This week:
Robinson -> Muston
Cornes -> Mundy

Next week:
Rich -> Bartel

Currently got 10 trades left. Forward line is good to go, not too fussed about backline, as apart from Goddard (already got), there's not too much to like in that position.

After these 3 trades my mids will read:
Bartel, J Selwood, Kornes, Sewell, Ball, Muston (Beams, Cook)

Killer trades Tsunami (or anyone else)?

Good trades Hibbo  ;) its a shame you couldnt do the rich trade for  K.Kornes or S.Thompson this week to give you even more money to play with on your following trades...If you wanted to, you could hang onto C.Cornes(if you have seven others to play or use one trade to get one for your 7)and trade this week for one o those two midfielders mentioned, before they go up in value next week, just an idea ;p

FIRESWORD1

Leica Tsunami if i show you my forward line can you give me advice on it?

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: hibbo on June 03, 2009, 09:11:26 AM
Yep, Ellis another option. But Hodge and Ladson coming back would limit his points wouldn't it?

I wouldnt say limit his points, i would say that the Hawthorn team is a hard team to stay in, unless your Franklin Mitchell or Hodge...

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 05, 2009, 07:21:54 AM
Leica Tsunami if i show you my forward line can you give me advice on it?

Sure go ahead ive got about half hour...Thought I would be here for the team lineup announcements...

FIRESWORD1

22. Davey, A
Avg: 89.9Score: 75$344,600

23. Chapman, P
Avg: 107.5Score: 0$445,900
V.capt  
24. Varcoe, T
Avg: 68.4Score: 81$283,900

25. Douglas, R
Avg: 66.6Score: 63$286,500

26. Krakouer, N
Avg: 70.1Score: 51$249,400

27. Ziebell, J
Avg: 69.7Score: 53$273,300

28. Medhurst, P
Avg: 72.8Score: 0$324,100

29. Bennell, J
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$75,300

30. Sloane, R
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$86,600

$600 for trade. i have 16 trades

hibbo

@ LT

What are your thoughts on buying rookies before they've played a game. I'm considering grabbing Ballantyne for Dowler. Can't see Dowler getting many more games....

Leica Tsunami

First of all, these are your keepers: Chapman, Davey, and Medhurst...
you need to cashcow from another postion to upgrade some of your forwards...Depending on your trade situation, Im thinking Varcoe has to go, he is likely to be in and out of the Geelong side, keep Ziebell purely because you wont have enough trades to upgrade all of Krakouer Ziebell, Douglas and Varcoe...I think you will need to upgrade one of your bench plaers too at some point, by using another cash cow from another position...Remember cash cows are the rookie players who have gone up in value...Make sure you read my cashcow principle and picking up elite players before you trade for anyone...You need to understand this first before you do anything...You'll get there  ;)

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: hibbo on June 05, 2009, 07:28:35 AM
@ LT

What are your thoughts on buying rookies before they've played a game. I'm considering grabbing Ballantyne for Dowler. Can't see Dowler getting many more games....

Hmmm, the short answer is yes, I think he's a good pickup...Even for just the simple reason that fremantle look likely to go youth policy as they are out of contention for finals... I think it comes down to how many games do you think he will play? does he have much competition in his position? And if he's gonna be made a future forward option which i think he will be, they will give him ample opportunities to do so...And yes, spot on about Dowler, any other team he might be worth holding a little longer, but I think its time to cut him...Good luck Hibbo