FANTASY ADVICE for anyone who wants to improve their team-GUARANTEED 8)

Started by Leica Tsunami, June 02, 2009, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leica Tsunami

Like I said, I will guarantee results for your team...ask me anything fantasy, ill know it

Glendi82

My A.F.L team is doing reasonably well considering the players I have out & who we're injured on the weekend. My back line is a shambles though with Grima, Petrenko & Cheney all not playing plus Cornes & Hill both getting injured. What should I do here?

I also have Hodge & Chapman currently injured but they should both be back in a week or so, I'll keep them both.

I'd like to pick up Musten from the Hawks if possible but I don't think it's do-able with me being forced to make another 2 trades this week hay?

I've only got 6 trades left due to the mountain of injury's I've had so if I make 2 again this week that will have to be it no matter what until the finals. I have about $130,000 in the bank as well.

Please help! Thanks

bluebaggers

I will answer this for you...

@ Glendi, your backline is going through same problems as me... I have Gilbert, Broughton, Hodge, Cornes, Cheney and Patrenko all possibly missing this week... 

Grima will possibly get a recall after an unlucky last minute outting on the weekend...

Hodge is worth holding onto for sure come finals time...

6 trades is definitely not alot so Muston is not worth the trade....

coming into the half way point of the season some players might start to breakdown so having trades is important.....

I'd be using the cash in the bank and upgrade cheney to either Milburn or Ellis.....

Milburn can consistantly produce 80's and the every now and then 100 like twice this year...

Ellis is a wierd player... skinny but goes in hard... handballs alot but will only get better as hawthorn get better.. which might not be this year???

So strenthen your backline, erase a rookie thats not getting a run (cheney) and lets face it... with more Dees coming back (robbo etc) he will find it very difficult to get games....

Patrenko is a right off... lets face it, this guy is worth 130k with a B/E of 63, which he will not get... so put him on the pine and forget you ever had him.... its going to involve too much cash to upgrade him to anyone half decent.

Hope this helps....

Oh and Chappy is worth the wait... a high B/E but when hes fit he'll go crazy again..

Damoman

in replacing cornes.

is it better to pick up a player on the improve, having a good year
Thornton, Duffield, Mundy   ?

or a top player, down in price, hoping they come good
Bowden, Fisher, Mackie     ?

Damoman

i've decided to keep cornes and upgrade cheney instead
i think its down to

mundy  or  fisher

surely fisher is the better, i already have goddard n gilbert
but theres nothing wrong with too much stkilda?

Glendi82

Thanks bluebaggers. I'll check out your opinons again when Friday rolls around & the squad's have been named.

I think ill get rid of Cornes & Cheney as you suggested.

Cheers

FIRESWORD1

THIS IS MY BACK LINE any advice/ should i trade cornes? i have 16 trades   

1. Goddard, B
Avg: 107.5Score: 132$435,000

2. Cornes, C
Avg: 93.3Score: 48$347,400

3. Adcock, J
Avg: 88.6Score: 130$351,800

4. Mundy, D
Avg: 83.8Score: 113$307,600

5. Doughty, M
Avg: 82.3Score: 102$341,100

6. Murphy, T
Avg: 63.9Score: 79$272,600

7. Rance, A
Avg: 61.7Score: 0$200,000

8. Cheney, K
Avg: 68.3Score: 0$164,600

9. O'Keefe, D
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$86,600

hibbo

Ok, thoughts on these trades...

This week:
Robinson -> Muston
Cornes -> Mundy

Next week:
Rich -> Bartel

Currently got 10 trades left. Forward line is good to go, not too fussed about backline, as apart from Goddard (already got), there's not too much to like in that position.

After these 3 trades my mids will read:
Bartel, J Selwood, Kornes, Sewell, Ball, Muston (Beams, Cook)

Killer trades Tsunami (or anyone else)?

pies09

yeah pretty good trades, the only thing i would maybe hesitate at would be getting mundy. Fremantle are not traditionally a good DT side and have a tough 6 weeks coming up. With all their injuries at the moment some of these sides would have the ability to completely dominate possesion which might mean less points for Freo. Personally i would get Ellis but saying that mundy would be a solid choice too.
Good Luck =D

hibbo

Yep, Ellis another option. But Hodge and Ladson coming back would limit his points wouldn't it?

footycool

Quote from: hibbo on June 03, 2009, 07:41:38 AM
Ok, thoughts on these trades...

This week:
Robinson -> Muston
Cornes -> Mundy

Next week:
Rich -> Bartel

Currently got 10 trades left. Forward line is good to go, not too fussed about backline, as apart from Goddard (already got), there's not too much to like in that position.

After these 3 trades my mids will read:
Bartel, J Selwood, Kornes, Sewell, Ball, Muston (Beams, Cook)

Killer trades Tsunami (or anyone else)?

Hibbo, Mundy had been injured in the last two weeks and is a bargain atm. Scored 113 this week and have had him from rnd 1, go with him

antonc

Hi,
Here is my team. It is going pretty good. I am on the top of my league so that's Ok, but am currently also doing very wel in the total rankings and possibly still have a shot a first place if everything falls into place.
In all possitions (exept ruck) I have a decent backup

I was wondering if you have any advice on tinkering with my team.
The backline doesn't score very wel, but there are not very many high scoring players around
My midfield is very good
So is my ruck
My forward scores wel (hopefully chappy will be back this week!), but could do with some improvement.

Anyway here is the team any advice will be appreciated

1. GODDARD, Brendon
2. LOCKYER, Tarkyn
3. BROUGHTON, Greg
4. HARDING, Leigh
5. FISHER, Sam
6. DRUMMOND, Josh
7. GRIMES, Jack

8. SWAN, Dane
9. GIBBS, Bryce
10. SELWOOD, Joel
11. DAL SANTO, Nick
12. ABLETT, Gary
13. MUSTON, Beau

14. COX, Dean
15. MCINTOSH, Hamish

16. JOHNSON, Steve
17. RIEWOLDT, Nick
18. DELEDIO, Brett
19. MCMAHON, Scott
20. HIGGINS, Shaun
21.  CHAPMAN, Paul
22. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele

23. SUBAN, Nick (sub)
24. Hurley, Michael
25. HASLEBY, Paul (sub)
26. ANTHONY, Liam
27. JACOBS, Sam
28. SPENCER, Jake
29. ZIEBELL, Jack (sub)
30. BROWN, Mitchell

hibbo

Trades left antonc?
If u don't plan on using Hasleby, then i think it's time to get rid of him.
M Brown -> Ballaytene and then Hasleby -> Premium would by my next moves with that team.

antonc

Am keeping Hasleby until Muston proves to be a keeper.  If that is the case I am thinking of down grading him to a Rookie. With the extra cash I would trade maybe mcmahon and sidebottom to L.Davis and ROK. I would then still have trades left for the pointy end of the season
Brown to Ballentyne sounds good but maybe overkill as he would be bench warming

FIRESWORD1

Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 03, 2009, 07:17:38 AM
THIS IS MY BACK LINE any advice/ should i trade cornes? i have 16 trades   

1. Goddard, B
Avg: 107.5Score: 132$435,000

2. Cornes, C
Avg: 93.3Score: 48$347,400

3. Adcock, J
Avg: 88.6Score: 130$351,800

4. Mundy, D
Avg: 83.8Score: 113$307,600