team advice required!

Started by mickpj, June 02, 2009, 05:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickpj

need some advice on my team, see below

backs: fisher, lockyer, gilbee, p. burgoyne, c. cornes, hurn, grimes (broughton, rance)
midfield: ablett, judd, selwood, bartel, schammer, cooney (coughlan, anthony)
rucks: cox, mcintosh (jacobs, spencer)
forwards: riewoldt, pavlich, s. johnson, franklin, higgins, nahas, mcglynn (walker, brown)

5 trades left and only $10k in the bank. averaging around 2,100-2,200 and ranked 607 overall

thinking of trading out coughlan to muston this week to make $250k, and then sit tight for 4-5 rounds

then i'll wait until muston gets to around $300-$350, then sell out muston, so i should have $500k with 3 trades left.

then planning to upgrade hurn to goddard and nahas to davis or o'keefe if i don't have enough cash just before or during finals

only leaves me with 1 trade for injuries, but i should be able to get through the next 5-6 rounds without making any trades

any thoughts. any better ideas?

i just wish i had a few more trades!

wardie

J.brown is looking pretty cheap at them moment. Muston in and Brown in with cogs out and nahas/mcglynn out also??

I know it is 2 trades but brown becomes a keeper in forwards and should provide more scoring power than mcglynn.

jameswilson

Get Muston now for cog and try and keep him till the finals then make your trades. Keep as many as you can now.
Okeefe is in fantasic form at the moment and will contiue to raise. Get okeefe before you get davis

mickpj

yeah i think that's the best idea.

i wouldn't mind getting hodgey in soon, as he will probably drop another 50-60k

probably better to keep the trades, but hodge at around 400k is pretty juicy!

Watto

Maybe don't sell Muston - another trade could be more needed elsewhere later on

Otherwise go Hurn - Hodge?