7 (35%)
Enright
9 (45%)
Rance
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

dockerone

Who to get in for Grimes?

Rawlings - has the best consistency out of the 'premiums' but has a bye in the DT GF, although I have to get there first

Enright - has the best scoring potential but can't handle a forward tag and has already had 2 x 60's

Rance - very consistent since his return from suspension, definitely the gamble out of the 3 I have narrowed it down to but a very tempting 85k cheaper than the other two.

Any thoughts appreciated...

BGK

Rawlings doesn't have a bye for the GF. Essendon have that week.

I like the Rawlings out of those options. Nobody really has many Roos so you shouldn't have too much trouble covering his bye.

I'm not sold on Rance yet. Looks Ok but I only want proven premiums.

elephants

rawlings has a round 21 bye which is not the GF it is the semi or prelim i think

nostradamus

errrr.......rawlings not out for dt gf, essendon have rnd 24 bye

Andrew

North's bye is qualifying final weekend which isn't the worst. I'm starting to warm to Rawlings. You can wait another week or two on Enright and get him cheap.

dockerone

Ah my bad lads - thanks for all pointing it out  ;)

I meant finals bye which makes him slightly less attractive but like I said I have to make it there and he doesn't miss another games until then and is very durable...

dockerone

Quote from: Andrew on May 11, 2011, 07:21:20 PM
North's bye is qualifying final weekend which isn't the worst. I'm starting to warm to Rawlings. You can wait another week or two on Enright and get him cheap.
Enright's BE is 105 so I would think he is a decent chance of getting that (although he is also a decent chance to get a 60, which is my current dilemma!)

TMurphBROWNLOW

I've gone rance could be a very unique pick up, and would allow you to use that 83k elsewhere :) just a thought!

Possumo

Quote from: dockerone on May 11, 2011, 07:22:05 PM
Ah my bad lads - thanks for all pointing it out  ;)

I meant finals bye which makes him slightly less attractive but like I said I have to make it there and he doesn't miss another games until then and is very durable...

But of course, Enright has a bye during the finals too... the next round if I'm not mistaken. Picking between him, Enright and Shaw is a massive headache for me at the moment! Already have one cat in Selwood (but will possibly bring in Chappy), and A. Swallow... as for Rance, is he worth the risk?!

McRooster

1. Rawlings had obvious specific roles against Freo and Richmond earlier in the year, more shut down than run and create. (scores of 54 and 86) This role will not change later in the year when Roos play Freo and Ricmond again during DT finals rnds 22 and 24.
86 is respectable against the Tiges but they will be a better side rnd 24 than they were rnd5.
He will never give you that peach of a score like Heath Shaw will  ;)

2. Enright might be worth sitting on for a week and grabbing a further price drop out of him if you are interested. Collingwoods forward clamp won't allow Enright to drift off and get the cheap 'slow the tempo' mark here and there, additionally he will be pressed to handball more hurting his scoring potential. A BE of 105 may see him with a niceish price drop (he had a 60 in the Prelim last year when Malthouse's coaching proved he owned the Cats) and remembering Grimes' price won't drop this week while you wait - if you have cover.

3. Rance - both the above players have consistently played out large %'s of recent seasons, whereas the unproven Rance does have injury history.

Your choice, I'm probably going Heath Shaw myself  :-\

Possumo

Quote from: McRooster on May 11, 2011, 09:18:24 PM
1. Rawlings had obvious specific roles against Freo and Richmond earlier in the year, more shut down than run and create. (scores of 54 and 86) This role will not change later in the year when Roos play Freo and Ricmond again during DT finals rnds 22 and 24.
86 is respectable against the Tiges but they will be a better side rnd 24 than they were rnd5.
He will never give you that peach of a score like Heath Shaw will  ;)

2. Enright might be worth sitting on for a week and grabbing a further price drop out of him if you are interested. Collingwoods forward clamp won't allow Enright to drift off and get the cheap 'slow the tempo' mark here and there, additionally he will be pressed to handball more hurting his scoring potential. A BE of 105 may see him with a niceish price drop (he had a 60 in the Prelim last year when Malthouse's coaching proved he owned the Cats) and remembering Grimes' price won't drop this week while you wait - if you have cover.

3. Rance - both the above players have consistently played out large %'s of recent seasons, whereas the unproven Rance does have injury history.

Your choice, I'm probably going Heath Shaw myself  :-\

What about R. Murphy? Seem's to be pretty consistent, and at least for me, his only remaining Bye in Rd. 20 is ideal as my opponent that week is pretty poor. Still tempted by Shaw, and I reckon I will probably get him in over Enright, but he is likely to be brought in as my 6th back after his last bye in Rd. 13.

elephants

Rob Murphy has a history of being tagged and succumbing to retarded injuries. Be careful if you are having him.